Lithium Batteries

Jack M

Reaction score
Any one interested ,West Marine .B.O.A.T. or 2 :cool:

I bought 2 from Renogy,100ah each, for my camper. I got them on sale for $500 each.
1/2 the weight and 90% usage capacity. Wet cells are 50% usable capacity of rated ah.

Did you notice the $2800.00 price tag on the ,RB300 Deep Cycle 300Ah ? I knew they were expensive ,but had no clue they went that high .

Oh yeah, you’d be amazed. I’d rather buy 3 100ah and hook them up in parallel. If one goes bad, swap out. If the 300ah goes bad, you are swapping $2800 vs. $8-900.

That work ,if you have the room . My 2 were under the port side stern lounge ,they along with the power distribution panel ,took up most of the useable storage space .

The problem with many of these batteries out there, is they are for power distribution, but not “starting” power. They don’t have the cranking amps capacity like regular batteries. You have to get specific batteries for that or verify the lithium can handle the “CCA” required as they aren’t all measured in that format.

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone use a battery jump box they highly recommend ?

I just bought a new one .My tractor went dead while my brother in law was visiting . He used his worked great , ( mine needed a charge ) ordered a new one .
They are on sale today . $130 ,I paid $150

I just bought a new one .My tractor went dead while my brother in law was visiting . He used his worked great , ( mine needed a charge ) ordered a new one .
They are on sale today . $130 ,I paid $150
Wow. Great find. That's quite the deal. And that one has more than enough juice to start anything. Great tool to have on the boat. Update: Just ordered it. Thanks.

Last edited:
That was fast. Mine took 5 days from AZ to MI.

I used mine last season, had some battery problems early in the season and had to use the jump pack twice, worked like a charm

Man these things really “jumped” :p in price, I mean more than I expected. I paid like $49 when I bought mine …was 6 years ago though … LOL!!!!

The one I bought about 5 years ago was ,$60 , but not nearly the power of the new one

I don't use the points for purchases, you don't accumulate points that way. I take a statement credit .

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone use a battery jump box they highly recommend ?
used them in the automotive industry for years

Back