LoadRite trailer warranty question.

royal4

Reaction score
I have a LoadRite trailer. I purchased the boat in 2015. Just noticed last week one of the boards on a bunk (with plastic covering) had broken. It looks like it broke at a knot in the wood which was probably the weak point. I went to the LoadRite site and see something about a "2 Plus 3 Years Coupler to Taillight Warranty" -- then more about some items covered for 5 years. (Looks like the 2+3 states 2 years for consumer or 3 years from date of manufacturer whichever comes sooner) My trailer was made in 2014 so 3 years is up.

I'm going to call LoadRite tomorrow to see if covered but was wondering what you think or have you had any similar issues. Is the wood in the bunks considered a wearable item like tires? Should it be covered?

I hate that The warranty starts......."When it was put in service". You didn't buy the boat/trailer in 2014 so you lost a whole year of warranty. On a new boat or trailer or vehicle it should start when you actually bought it. BS!!!

On the other hand the board shouldn't have broken yet. Even though the warranty is over maybe they'll cover it under some defective product rule or something.

If they don't cover it SYP boards aren't expensive and you can do it yourself......

I have a LoadRite trailer. I purchased the boat in 2015. Just noticed last week one of the boards on a bunk (with plastic covering) had broken. It looks like it broke at a knot in the wood which was probably the weak point. I went to the LoadRite site and see something about a "2 Plus 3 Years Coupler to Taillight Warranty" -- then more about some items covered for 5 years. (Looks like the 2+3 states 2 years for consumer or 3 years from date of manufacturer whichever comes sooner) My trailer was made in 2014 so 3 years is up.

I'm going to call LoadRite tomorrow to see if covered but was wondering what you think or have you had any similar issues. Is the wood in the bunks considered a wearable item like tires? Should it be covered?
Usually " put in service " means when the consumer bought the trailer, not when it was manufactured.

Usually " put in service " means when the consumer bought the trailer, not when it was manufactured.

Oops! My mistake. I meant to say when it was manufactured.....

Back