Locking Gas Cap for 22 SSRX

Trovatore

Reaction score
New boater here (and new to the forum). Ttheft/crime seems minimal where I am, neighbors are great...but would prefer to add a locking gas cap, just in case.

I'm the proud owner of a 2-week old 22 SSRX. Texted my salesman today to see if the dealership stocked one, but haven't heard back yet, but would love to know some of your suggestions, and maybe learn something I didn't know, to boot.

Also - anything I need to take into consideration? Seems I've heard something about ventilation re: gas caps...just want to make sure whatever I get won't result in complications :)

TIA~

If someone just wants to be mean and vandalize, they will. If you are worried about them stealing gas, just look at your transom area. If like mine, the gas take is partially exposed and they could simply poke a hole in it and allow the gas to drain into something. Just a though.

If someone just wants to be mean and vandalize, they will. If you are worried about them stealing gas, just look at your transom area. If like mine, the gas take is partially exposed and they could simply poke a hole in it and allow the gas to drain into something. Just a though.

Or just cut your fuel line to the engine ....

Welcome Trovatore! I too, share your concerns about theft/vandalism as we are located in an unlit marina. Knock wood, this will hopefully be our third season without a problem but not to say that it won't happen. Personally, I'm more worried about the theft of equipment off my boat than someone siphoning gas, but that's just me. I also have a SS prop that is ripe for the picking but at this point I've decided to cross my fingers and hope for the best. Enjoy that new SSRX and post some pics if you haven't done so already!

Welcome Trovatore! ...SKIP... I also have a SS prop that is ripe for the picking but at this point I've decided to cross my fingers and hope for the best...CUT...

Now, Tovartore.... I did purchase a prop lock for my SS prop. Not for around here, but for those road trips that we take during the summer vacations. Parking at hotels, motels and cabins. I'm not as worried about a $60.00 tank of gas like I am a $600.00 prop.

Back