Looking to sell my Yammy 150 to buy an SHO200 Yammy

Wild and Free

Reaction score
As the title says I am looking to sell my 2007 F150tlr 20" shaft Yamaha with about 250 hours on it and want to pick up a new VF200LA SHO Yamaha.

I am wondering what everyone thinks I should be able to get for my 150?

I see I can pick up the 200 SHO for around 15,500 plus shipping. Local dealers are out of the question, only one of the three dealers would even consider a loose engine deal and they wanted over 10K difference which is way too far out of the ball park to even consider. I would like to keep it in the 5-7k difference max but that is with not knowing what a 150 is worth.

Been shopping for a year now and loose engine sales are few and far between from what I see.

Any Ideas?

Oh by the way, my wife is not happy at all about spending any more money on the baot than what it cost us already especially since this one came about only 3 years after the first one, should have just upgraded the engine at that time, can't change that now.

Last edited by a moderator:
As the title says I am looking to sell my 2007 F150tlr 20" shaft Yamaha with about 250 hours on it and want to pick up a new VF200LA SHO Yamaha.

I am wondering what everyone thinks I should be able to get for my 150?

I see I can pick up the 200 SHO for around 15,500 plus shipping. Local dealers are out of the question, only one of the three dealers would even consider a loose engine deal and they wanted over 10K difference which is way too far out of the ball park to even consider. I would like to keep it in the 5-7k difference max but that is with not knowing what a 150 is worth.

Been shopping for a year now and loose engine sales are few and far between from what I see.

Any Ideas?

Oh by the way, my wife is not happy at all about spending any more money on the baot than what it cost us already especially since this one came about only 3 years after the first one, should have just upgraded the engine at that time, can't change that now.
Have you also looked at the new Yammy F200 Inline 4? It might be a more reasonable option.

No I have not but will definately look into it. Just did a comparison of what I have and the 2 choices. Now to see what the price tag for the inline 200 is, definately looks to be a viable option. Thanks for the heads up didn't know they released an inline 200. B)

Still need input on what my 150 could fetch.

http://yamahaoutboar...e-4/comparisons

Well I just got through searching a few dozen sites with tons of new reviews I could only find pricing on 1 site so far and the sugested retail was the same as the SHO 200 at over 19K. Too new to be on the discounted list yet. I can find a lot of the SHO 200's for the 15,500 range all over the internet but nothing on the new inline. Maybe I will have to wait another year.

I would do an inline 4 over a v-6 anyday and to have an extra 50 hp in the same size package I have now is even better.

Well I just got through searching a few dozen sites with tons of new reviews I could only find pricing on 1 site so far and the sugested retail was the same as the SHO 200 at over 19K. Too new to be on the discounted list yet. I can find a lot of the SHO 200's for the 15,500 range all over the internet but nothing on the new inline. Maybe I will have to wait another year.

I would do an inline 4 over a v-6 anyday and to have an extra 50 hp in the same size package I have now is even better.
Yeah, I think they're just starting to appear on the market. The Florida region will suck up a ton of them for center console type boats that like the narrow profile for twins and can support the uprated horsepower without changes. I'd think volumes would drive the pricing to be pretty aggressive though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the pontoon market respond with uprated ratings for all those boats that were so dialed into that 150 Yamaha limit. It would be a great combo in terms of economy and performance, with the weights only around 3500-4000 lbs for 22-24' boats.

Yeah, I think they're just starting to appear on the market. The Florida region will suck up a ton of them for center console type boats that like the narrow profile for twins and can support the uprated horsepower without changes. I'd think volumes would drive the pricing to be pretty aggressive though.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the pontoon market respond with uprated ratings for all those boats that were so dialed into that 150 Yamaha limit. It would be a great combo in terms of economy and performance, with the weights only around 3500-4000 lbs for 22-24' boats.
I did read one review that was talking about this very thing, the engines staying and becoming lighter and smaller and making more power is forcing the boating industry to redesign the transoms to handle the higher power engines packed into smaller or same sized packages becoming more popular.

That 150 should go like hot cakes. Good luck with the sale!

Might as well do the 250 SHO ( if the specifications allow it). You'll only ask for forgiveness once... ;)

I would but I think a 200 on my boat would be perfect power to weight ratio, I think a 250 would not gain me much more than a larger fuel bill.

Good luck with the sale, and get the 250, just throttle back.............. Yeah right !!!!!!!

Wild, personally I would wait for the in-line 200, but since you posted your 150 it will not last long. I hardly ever see a low hour 150 for sale around here. Steve

Wild, personally I would wait for the in-line 200, but since you posted your 150 it will not last long. I hardly ever see a low hour 150 for sale around here. Steve
After reading about the new Inline 200 that is the direction I am leaning, but because I have it listed doesn't lock me into saying I have to sell it either "unless someone hands me the full amount in cash". If I get any bites I will make some calls to some of the places I see selling the SHO for cheap and see what they could do for the inline.

Did you ever get the f200? Just curious as to the performance differences.

Nope, I refuse to go as low as what I was being offered so I quit advertising it. NADA Book is $7600 average, When I shop around online I can buy brand new ones for that price and I was getting snubbed because it didn't come with the controls which are part of the boats pre rig package. Only one local dealer would do a loose engine trade but he wanted as much to boot as I could have paid cash online for a 200. I decided to wait until this fall and send my ECU into http://www.simonmoto.../yamahaecu.html, 600 bucks and they reprogram it and claim 15-20hp and up the rev limiter to 6500. That is about all I would need, If I truly get 15-20 hp It would make it a perfect match to the boat. Hopefully it would get me to 6K rpm, "currently only get 5700 light loaded trimmed up fairly high in good conditions" and it would give me the bit extra I need while tubing and pushing it in hard turns. I figure for $10-12K+ to trade for a newer bigger engine I can mod this one for a fraction the price. Also found this site that sell Yammy performance parts for the 4- strokes. http://www.yamaha-re...a High Perf.htm

I ran accross them several times while shopping for f200 inlines and SHO 200's, I didn't save the sites but they were dealers from Florida and texas that had them dirt cheap, they were all brand new hold over units 1-3 years old.

F150's for 8-9K and sho 200's in the 14K range.

Back