LOTO Pontoon Boat Racing Exhibition

TomS

Reaction score
Ok, now for something a little different. There have been top speed runs at the Lake Of The Ozarks Shootout for several years, with a pontoon hitting 112mph last year. This year, it looks like they're actually having a closed course pontoon boat race (exhibition only), which should be really interesting as it has to do more than go in a straight line and not flip. It's being streamed online, so if your Saturday weather is the pits, this might be just the ticket for some free entertainment. Post time is 12:10pm Saturday.

http://www.lakerace.com/event-schedule.htm

Wonder if CCAN is going to be there.

Wonder if CCAN is going to be there.
It would be really interesting to see what he could do if he really wanted to and the budget was there. I think his project Moo boat even came from there.

The rules say stock boat and stock O/B but with the engine mapping and controls you could get past 350HP. I would love to see how Ecoman's 8.2L would do.

The rules say stock boat and stock O/B but with the engine mapping and controls you could get past 350HP. I would love to see how Ecoman's 8.2L would do.
Yes, I saw that too. There's probably no way to detect if they've had a re-map without a laptop computer with the manufacturer diagnostic software for each engine brand. I just think it would be a hoot to watch pontoons racing deck to deck, since they're all going to be fairly close in capability in stock form, and would depend a lot on setup, props, and driver skill to differentiate them :)

We have some members on LOTO so I hope they can post some pictures.

Jack

TomS What is the link for streaming?

Supposed to be raining all day tomorrow so I may just have time to watch my favorite sport of power boat racing. Thanks for posting this info up. B)

Are the times central or Eastern time?I would guess Central time zone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposed to be raining all day tomorrow so I may just have time to watch my favorite sport of power boat racing. Thanks for posting this info up. B)

Are the times central or Eastern time?I would guess Central time zone.
Good point, I assume Central too.

:D Half hour to race time B) ............

Crap, I was in the car driving to pick up my amps for the stereo and missed it!! How was it?

Coverage sucked big time and announcers didn't have any facts about the boats at all and couldn't even tell who was in what position, they were more interested in advertising than the race, race lasted about 45 minutes and I don't think they even showed 10 minutes of it and all of it was from a single camera vantage point through a dirty window the way the camera footage looked. Might have been the first time for a live broadcast but it could have been a lot better overall. Very disappointing in my book. Only 5 pontoons in the race. tomorrow is round 2 lets hope it will be a better broadcast but it is supposed to be nice tomorrow so it will be the first day on the water for the season for us and the Benny.

The races were good, I sat on my back lounge with front row seating...... :)

Keep in mind this was a first event, it is up to the boat owners to make this event turn into something really great !!!!

I have been going to boat races for over 45 years, it's gota start somewhere and it this was very good for the community here at LOTO....

Plans are already being made for next year !!!! Life is Gooder at the lake

Last edited by a moderator:
An Iowa boy won the toon race! (I almost bought that brand off him...) DOH! ;) Great guy but I did not want to wait 16 weeks, plus a few other challenges. Great guy though.

What was the top speed of the pontoon that won?

I'm down at the lake now, working a few days. No boat racing today.

Back