Love at first sight!

oakslicer

Reaction score
Hello all!  I'm a long time lurker on the site excited to make my first post.  As a long time lurker, I know you can't announce that you've ordered a new Bennington without attaching some pictures unless you want half of the responses to come with reminders to post pictures or it didn't happen.  Well, here's the pictures, so that must mean it's happening!  I ordered the boat at the end of February and got some photos from the factory today.  Hope to be on the water in a few weeks, if not sooner.  These pictures have me feeling like a kid waiting for Christmas!

Here's my goodie list:

22SFXAPGDL

• Mercury 150
  • Ski Pylon
  • In-Floor Storage
  • Trolling Motor Harness and Gate
  • Privacy Enclosure w/Frame and Curtain
  • Kicker KMC10 Stereo Upgrade
  • Kicker Speaker Upgrade
  • Simrad GPS GO5
  • Table Upgrade - Graywood Trapezoid
  • Washdown
  • Sport Performance System - SPS
  • Seat - Deluxe Bass Upgrade (4)
  • Rod Locker Starboard

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for sharing your knowledge as it really helped me when deciding what I wanted.  Another reason I waited until now to join, was that I've witnessed how skilled you all are at encouraging other people to spend their money. :D   I tried to take the info I needed so I could add a few bells, but probably not as many whistles as I would have if I had some encouragement.

I have 3 boys, 2 dogs, and a smoking hot wife who's stuck with me for almost 18 years and counting.  I think we're going to catch a lot of fish, pull each other around on various tubes and boards, do some swimming, catch some more fish, keep ourselves responsibly hydrated, and maybe get a sunburn or two.  And if it works out that maybe a few buddies and I happen to take a day off work, well I guess I'll have a boat big enough that we can all grab a pole and dip it in the water for a few hours and still have room for a cooler full of refreshments. B)

I'm excited to be a part of a great group of people that own boats made by a company that's already impressed me with their customer service before I've even taken delivery!

/monthly_2017_04/large.IMG_20170428_144217750_(002).jpg.e8ba0b89b3a57f426e471e5a81b4213f.jpg/monthly_2017_04/large.IMG_20170428_144204824_(002).jpg.99863cdc8247d86a18b6899143a6bb2d.jpg/monthly_2017_04/large.IMG_20170428_144113830_TOP_(002).jpg.79c601ae6773b1114c49769095a8a915.jpg

You need a bigger motor... lol just kidding! Welcome to the debauchery!

Awesome welcome to the group!  Great build and love the pics.

Sweet!!! Welcome aboard and oh yeah, we need pi....... never mind ..... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome lurker! You know the spending is not over yet! This group loves helping you outfit that nice boat you have coming soon. As you already have seen, we're all here with different experiences to learn from each other.

Feel free to jump in,the water is getting warmer. Although,some as not as fast as others. Sorry Michigan!  :huh:

Welcome.  You are going to have a great summer on your new Bennie.  Be sure to register it to be eligible for the 10 year warranty.

Sweet!!! Welcome aboard and oh yeah, we need pi....... never mind ..... :lol:

I'll finish that thought for ya!  :D

We get pics of the boats all the time LOL

Welcome! And that is one sharp toon! You are going to make a million awesome memories with your boys. Make sure to post up some fish pics when you get it out on the water. 

Nice build you have going there oakslicer! You're going to have a terrific summer! Enjoy...

Welcome to a great forum.   Very cool they sent you pics.  Did you go through the dealer to set that up or did you contact Bennington directly?

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your new boat.  It looks like its coming along nicely.  Here is to your great summer of fun on the water with your family and friends! 

Welcome lurker! You know the spending is not over yet! This group loves helping you outfit that nice boat you have coming soon. As you already have seen, we're all here with different experiences to learn from each other.

Feel free to jump in,the water is getting warmer. Although,some as not as fast as others. Sorry Michigan!  :huh:

That's true!  We have a long list of toys and accessories to buy once we take delivery.  This is our first boat, so we have a bunch of requirements on the list too.  I've spent a lot of time hitching rides on my brother's Lund, so I've got a good idea of what I'm getting myself into.

Welcome to a great forum.   Very cool they sent you pics.  Did you go through the dealer to set that up or did you contact Bennington directly?

I just used the "Contact us" link on the Bennington website and let them know who I bought my boat through and what I was getting about 2 weeks ago.  I had a response from Karen within an hour or two, which I thought was amazing.  She didn't make any promises other than she'd try, but she came through in a big way.  Very cool that they take the time to do that when they're able.  (And another trick I learned while lurking)

Congratulations on the new boat and welcome to the forum. Looks like a great build and I'm sure you'll love the SPS 150 combo! As stated previously.... the spending has on just begun!!!

Welcome Oakslicer! Nice pics......

All right explain the name........

I'm guessing an arborist or wood worker. 

Lookup wooden pontoon on here... that guy puts hobbying on another planet!

Back