Luxury Pontoon Article

Not a true apples to apples comparison with that particular Barletta in the mix with those other trim level and model boats. It’s not in the same “boat” class as the others.

Last edited:
That Barletta Corsa is a beautiful well made boat ! The quality of materials, fit and finish is 2nd to none! Believe me a good friend of mine owns one! That being said there are 2 other models above it. The Lusso and their top of the line.....the Reserve! This boat can hang with any on that list! In my opinion the Sea Doo Switch doesn't belong anywhere near that list!

I also have a friend that went from a Barletta to a Bennington and he said no comparison, Bennington hands down. I haven’t been on the Seadoo Switch but watched one coming in to a launch on the Indian River. Very small waves and that switch was rocking, probably should have named it Twitch instead

There were a few SD Switches running around the river this year - agreed they are smallish and aren't very stable at all in just moderate rollers. But that didn't stop the owners from overloading it with people and booze!

A lot of nice boats out there no doubt, I'd still rather have the dealer network and factory support of a Bennington.

Yeah…the Switch in that list…talking about the odd one out.

That’s the thing. The article is billed as 7 LUXURY pontoons. Half are truly top of the line luxury type pontoons, 1-2 are a tier or two down, but still really nice…and the Switch is simply not even in that mix whatsoever.

I guess the article did what was intended…get clicks and generate some dialogue. But to do so when its not apples to apples, with the accompanying price implications is certainly misleading.

Last edited:
That Barletta Corsa is a beautiful well made boat ! The quality of materials, fit and finish is 2nd to none! Believe me a good friend of mine owns one! That being said there are 2 other models above it. The Lusso and their top of the line.....the Reserve! This boat can hang with any on that list! In my opinion the Sea Doo Switch doesn't belong anywhere near that list!
That’s the things….had they included their top of the line, then we have a better apples to apples comparison in LUXURY and price. Doing so wasn’t an option with including the cheap Sea Doo Switch, but they did have the option of including the more appropriate Reserve model on the Barletta.

Hey anybody read this? Look at how cheap the Barletta is compared to the others.. You need some serious change to buy the others.

I test drove a Barletta Corsa and Bennington R24 Bowrider and decided on Bennington. I ordered with a 300 HP Mercury Verado, which is very quiet. Love the way the Bowrider step down design gives the driver great visibility over people sitting in front and cuts the water very smooth. Two large storage areas in the center tube. In hindsight, I wish I had splurged and ordered the fixed arch option.

Calling a Switch a pontoon is like calling a moped a Harley.

I'd rather have a root canal than have a Switch. Dealer lots are FULL of them now too! Expect mucho depreciado!

Attachments

• Moped Harley.JPG
    Moped Harley.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 17
Back