Made The Move!

Ishoot308

Reaction score
Well I hesitantly decided to make the move and trade in my QX Sport. I loved the QX Sport but my wife wanted her rear loungers back from a previous Q we owned. So I told her she could have her twin loungers as long as I get my twin engines!!

I ended up going custom build on a Q27 8.5’ beam base with twin 300 Verados with Joystick controls. Blackout package with Rosa Red accent and a whole bunch of other options.

I will certainly miss the QX Sport as she was a great riding boat but I think the new one with twins will help me forget her!!

Dealing with a great dealer here in NH who I have dealt with for years and estimated delivery time is 8 weeks! What difference from not that long ago!

Happy holidays everyone!

Dan

Wow! Sounds like you have ANOTHER incredible boat on the way. Reminder, what layout did you have on your QXSport? Cannot wait for you to share pictures of the new water ride. Pre-Congratuations!

The QX Sport only comes in one layout…very similar to a quad bench type layout. See pics below of QX Sport…

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpeg
    IMG_0450.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0449.jpeg
    IMG_0449.jpeg
    164.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0447.jpeg
    IMG_0447.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 69
The QX Sport only comes in one layout…very similar to a quad bench type layout. See pics below of QX Sport…
Goodness…I didn’t realize that. Quad bench has its place and I like them, but yeah…swingback or dual lounges are just so nice in the back of these boats.

Last edited:
Well, certainly not that…

Might just be an ordering gap before updating the model line. Might be going in a different designation direction with the speciality LX/RX/QX lines. Could be some shortages on specific parts of the manufacturing of that specific model and hence not taking orders currently...

Seems like some combination of these “type” of factors creates periodic hiccups with specific layouts at times. That said, I haven’t heard anything specific about them either way other than what Ishoot mentioned above, so I’m simply speculating here.

I just now received an email from Bennington , promoting the Q line. QX Sport was still mentioned.

I just checked the build site. The QX Sport is not listed. Perhaps they are trying to avoid same type of misinformation ( or lack of ) as in 21/22 when the Q was updated.

From what I am told, too expensive to produce….which I am sure in turn meant low sales…

Dan

Yep, I imagine most boat manufacturers would produce their top-of-the-line models with Christmas Eve glee if there was lots of demand for them. Odds are 2024 is not looking pretty for the rec boating industry so the smart bet is to slim down operations, preserve cash and focus more on their higher-volume models. The QX sport appeared to be the only model that offered the tapered fiberglass bow and sport lounge so that could have figured into the cost of production.

Great looking boat though.

I believe you are correct that 2024 will NOT be a good year for boat sales at least not here in the northeast! A lot of marinas here over ordered thinking sales wouldn’t slump. They are now stuck with these ordered boats trying to sell them. While the MSRP of new boats certainly has not come down, dealer incentives and reductions on MSRP on newer orders definitely has….at least that my take on things currently….

Dan

With the float on unsold inventory in the 8%+ range if I'm a dealer I'm not trying to catch a falling knife. Sell at cost and just hope to get the slip and service fees!
Yup, dealer lots here are overflowing with unsold inventory. They are also using off-site lots for what is clearly not just winter storage.

I am patiently waiting still for discounts. There are a lot of 2023’s of the model I want and 2024’s are already on the lots.

I am patiently waiting still for discounts. There are a lot of 2023’s of the model I want and 2024’s are already on the lots.
Maybe 2024 will be the year you can get one of those left over 23’s at a “good” price….or better price….or almost slightly more reasonable price…lol

Maybe 2024 will be the year you can get one of those left over 23’s at a “good” price….or better price….or almost slightly more reasonable price…lol

If Five Guys keeps charging me $80 for a few hamburgers and fries even a "slightly more reasonable" price is too rich for my blood! I'd need to see "we're practically paying you to take it off our lot" prices to even consider an upgrade with everything else going on. Thank God for Costco.

Right!?!?

Back