Maiden Voyage

goldnrod24

Reaction score
OK, so a guy (me) drops many buckets of Benjamins on a new Bennie. He takes delivery (in northern Michigan) on May 14th. The scene is:

Ideal: The lake is calm, the temp are in the 70s, there's no one at the ramp and life is good.

Reality: The temps are in the 40s, the wind is blowing at gale force, rain is falling and the sky is full of clouds.

What's a Commodore to do? Back the new boat into a pole barn, turn on the heat and lights, invite some buds and Buds and party on, Garth.

Highlights: My friend poured half a can of beer on the deck, "Might as well break her in." The upgraded stereo/speakers sounded great, especially playing back from the iPod. Lots of compliments. My boat mechanic buddy kept saying, "This is the nicest 'toon I've ever been on."

Lowlights: The sausage to clam ratio was 5:0........ not good. :( We needed some wimmenz.

Here is a pic to prove that I actually own this Bennie and it's been broken in..... now, bring on the water!!!!!!!!!!!!

normal_2011-05-14_17-12-19_960.jpg

Congrats!! A garage ride is cool and all, but, till ya get her wet on the bottom, you won't be satisfied. Hoping it warms soon for ya.

Congratulations! :D

Now we need to see some more pictures

Your "beer on the deck" breakin is not so bad; our very first time out I back boat/trailer down ramp, my wife at helm backs it off into the water. While I park the truck and trailer, she moves it over to the dock to pick me up. When she is 5 or 6 feet from dock, my son-in-law tells her to put it in reverse; instead she pushes throttle forward and "rams" the dock - left us with a dent in rub rail and smashed snap for the cover. I figured mine is now broken in and lets go have fun.

Know you can't wait to launch it - hope your weather cooperates soon! :p

Kind of a Motley Crue you have there, bikinis would look better! :D We've had to settle for garagin it as well, but the beer is cold and it won't be long before the water gets warm! Congrats on the new boat, you'll have her wet in no time B)

Enjoy the new Bennie. We "Michiganders" sure are having a rough start to spring. When I get mine in June, I hope the weather will be better.

Hopefully you can get out this weekend.

Good Luck with the new boat

Todd

Back