Make pappy happy! Happy Fathers Day

PonTuna Salad

Reaction score
Ok. After 2 weeks in Europe and waiting for the weather and work to cooperate, we finally picked up the new 24 SSBXP. Captain Boone approves and Mrs. Salad has claimed the rear swingback. You can't really tell, but it is midnightblack and smokey granite accent. In the sun it stands out.

/monthly_2017_06/large.IMG_0229.JPG.cab17ffa294326af015bbd53c31ba7fb.JPG/monthly_2017_06/large.IMG_0223.JPG.ffb61d963fb04c037be72b91edf813d7.JPG/monthly_2017_06/large.IMG_0226.JPG.f81faa746fc51b69a685f1b775db7f39.JPG/monthly_2017_06/large.IMG_0222.JPG.f8303d00e3e656a1e5803d8883ef3283.JPG/monthly_2017_06/large.IMG_0225.JPG.27b071ba25b4c9c27aba305aedf7d9f3.JPG

Note the swingback rail. We were told on delivery that we were the only swingback ordered with the rail. Makes it fun to ride back there underway.

Very nice Kevin! Love the Swingback and it looks great with the rail! Now I know what boat to look for the next time we are up your way. Going out tomorrow but we are going to explore in the southern part of the lake.........was out Saturday and we had to dodge the couple of storms that popped up......

Both of my daughters and my son-in-law, plus dog Boone came by for Father's Day. We took the maiden voyage on PonTuna.

Big Kahuna, were you on a kayak in a cove today? We say a boat in a cove that had an I/O on looked like yours. Didn't know if that was you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Kahuna, were you on a kayak in a cove today? We say a boat in a cove that had an I/O on looked like yours. Didn't know if that was you.

Nope that wasn't me on a kayak! Ha!

Our slip is behind a double decker boathouse. We are directly off the main channel between MM 11 and 12......

Check out the Bennington owners interactive locator map in Pontoon Forum. You will be able to see exactly where we are located.

Did you "pin" your location?!?

Very nice Kevin! Love the Swingback and it looks great with the rail! Now I know what boat to look for the next time we are up your way. Going out tomorrow but we are going to explore in the southern part of the lake.........was out Saturday and we had to dodge the couple of storms that popped up......

You guys coming down this way?

Check out the Bennington owners interactive locator map in Pontoon Forum. You will be able to see exactly where we are located.

Did you "pin" your location?!?

Location is pinned.

Nope that wasn't me on a kayak! Ha!

Our slip is behind a double decker boathouse. We are directly off the main channel between MM 11 and 12......

We made a turn around at the turn in the lake to head back north and pulled into that cove. Just happened to see your boat in the back of the cove. Saw 2 people on kayaks in the back of the cove and was just wondering.

Beautiful boat.  I love the look of new shiny toons.  I really hope you have shark hide on them to keep them that way.  I can't say enough about the product, my toons still look so much better than the rest of the pontoon boats that don't have it, I'm only on my 3rd year but what a difference it makes.

Great looking boat!  Now the fun begins. Enjoy.

You guys coming down this way?

Maybe. Our friends are supposed to come with us and they have friends who live off 73 and we were going to find their house by boat.........

We made a turn around at the turn in the lake to head back north and pulled into that cove. Just happened to see your boat in the back of the cove. Saw 2 people on kayaks in the back of the cove and was just wondering.

Great now you know where we are.........

Nope won't go on a boat unless it has a motor! Ha!

Great now you know where we are.........

Nope won't go on a boat unless it has a motor! Ha!

Our neighbors were out on their kayaks yesterday and I made the a similar comment. I have had one over 2 years and have used it twice. I told them it was too much like work and I paid good money for a motors to move me around the lake.

Beautiful boat.  I love the look of new shiny toons.  I really hope you have shark hide on them to keep them that way.  I can't say enough about the product, my toons still look so much better than the rest of the pontoon boats that don't have it, I'm only on my 3rd year but what a difference it makes.

Thanks. No, we didn't get the shark hide. I wanted it, but I let my wife do the final ordering (color and other stuff). The salesman talked her out of it, saying it would just get washed off with an acid wash.

Hopefully keeping it on a lift will help. I did notice that it had that little "bathtub" ring around it after 4 hours on the lake yesterday and 30 minutes sitting in the slip before I raised it. Got that off before I put her away last night,

Last edited by a moderator:
Get that ring every time we go to take the boat out. We just jump in w/a sponge and wipe. It'll be back tomorrow. At least you have a lift!

Thanks. No, we didn't get the shark hide. I wanted it, but I let my wife do the final ordering (color and other stuff). The salesman talked her out of it, saying it would just get washed off with an acid wash.

Hopefully keeping it on a lift will help. I did notice that it had that little "bathtub" ring around it after 4 hours on the lake yesterday and 30 minutes sitting in the slip before I raised it. Got that off before I put her away last night,

Yup, understand.  But, if you have shark hide there should be no need to acid wash.  You will find most people don't acid wash the toons.

Yup, understand.  But, if you have shark hide there should be no need to acid wash.  You will find most people don't acid wash the toons.

The first time I applied Sharkhide the application lasted several years. But it started to look like crap so I decided to have it acid washed again and then reapply. I thought the acid would just obliterate the Sharkhide but it didn't. There were stubborn areas that didn't come off. I got the rest off with lacquer thinner then the marina finished the acid wash. 

I applied 3 coats 2 summers ago when we first moved to NC and we keep our boat in the water all summer. The toons are looking pretty crappy at/below the water line in some areas and we are pretty diligent about wiping  the "ring" around them.........

Disappointed in the performance of the Sharkhide.

The first time I applied Sharkhide the application lasted several years. But it started to look like crap so I decided to have it acid washed again and then reapply. I thought the acid would just obliterate the Sharkhide but it didn't. There were stubborn areas that didn't come off. I got the rest off with lacquer thinner then the marina finished the acid wash. 

I applied 3 coats 2 summers ago when we first moved to NC and we keep our boat in the water all summer. The toons are looking pretty crappy at/below the water line in some areas and we are pretty diligent about wiping  the "ring" around them.........

Disappointed in the performance of the Sharkhide.

Yes, when I needed to remove some the lacquer thinner did the job.  There must be a big difference depending on the lakes.  Our lake is really clean, only time there is anything in the water is early in season when pollen is abundant.  besides that we only get a slight ring on the tubes, nothing major.  I keep mine up on a lift though.  Most toons I see on my lake are not dirty with crud, but just really dull looking.  I guess in my area shark hide is worth it to keep the shine.

Yes, when I needed to remove some the lacquer thinner did the job.  There must be a big difference depending on the lakes.  Our lake is really clean, only time there is anything in the water is early in season when pollen is abundant.  besides that we only get a slight ring on the tubes, nothing major.  I keep mine up on a lift though.  Most toons I see on my lake are not dirty with crud, but just really dull looking.  I guess in my area shark hide is worth it to keep the shine.

That's because the water up there is COLD!   :eek:

Back