Manuals

dads toy

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2007 Brand New Bennington Model 2254GL. Dealer had no manual. Where might I find one. Thanks for any help.

It should have come with an owners packet, maybe if you contact Bennington they would send you one. The manual is pretty generic, not really model specific, but it does provide good info for cleaning and protective products. They also throw in an NMMA pontoon boaters handbook, again pretty generic. The important stuff is the engine owners manual, wiring diagram, stereo and accessories manuals, i have found those to be pretty helpful. Most of those you can find on the internet, store as a file and/or print as needed. Put some pressure on you dealer to get them for you, they are part of your new toon, and should come with it. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

It should have come with an owners packet, maybe if you contact Bennington they would send you one. The manual is pretty generic, not really model specific, but it does provide good info for cleaning and protective products. They also throw in an NMMA pontoon boaters handbook, again pretty generic. The important stuff is the engine owners manual, wiring diagram, stereo and accessories manuals, i have found those to be pretty helpful. Most of those you can find on the internet, store as a file and/or print as needed. Put some pressure on you dealer to get them for you, they are part of your new toon, and should come with it. Good luck, and welcome to the forum!

go to www.benningtonmarine.com, click on Our Company, click on Warranty...go to the bottom to download an owner's manual!
Thanks for the link. I moved the PDF to my iPad so I would always have it available in electronic format. One note though. The PDF is oriented incorrectly, it needs to be rotated 90 degrees to the right and it is also backwards. The first page in the file is the last page in the manual. I suspect someone printed to a PDF format and forgot to make sure it printed in the correct orientation and order. I was able to fix both errors prior to loading it on my iPad but you should probably get the file updated correctly.

I posted about this recently. I cannot believe that Bennington (as good their boats are) doesn't provide a model specific owners/service manual for the boat and engine. Especially given how expensive their boats are. I have a 2005 2575 RL I/O and the manuals I got are basically worthless. VERY disappointed in Bennington for this.

I posted about this recently. I cannot believe that Bennington (as good their boats are) doesn't provide a model specific owners/service manual for the boat and engine. Especially given how expensive their boats are. I have a 2005 2575 RL I/O and the manuals I got are basically worthless. VERY disappointed in Bennington for this.
:unsure: :eek: :( Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, with an extraordinary number of models and hull combinations, and with 500 options, it is not possible to create a model specific owners manual. In addition, we change features on many models almost every 12 months. That being said, you are right. We can do a much better job on the manual and we plan to write a new version this next year! (This TB member just bought a new automobile and the manual was not model-specific or even SUV specific.)

Back