Marine Tuff-Ply Vinyl Flooring Question

sportsfisher

Reaction score
We love our 22-SSX which is carpeted in our front lounging areas, but has Marine Tuff-Ply Vinyl Flooring in the stern fishing station area plus outside on our extended aft platform. Do you have any good experience with what we should use to clean our textured Marine Tuff-Ply Vinyl Flooring that will help protect our vinyl flooring from the elements (while also cleaning it), but will not make our flooring slick or messy?

Hope all of us get to continue sharing many more great days boating with our Bennie's!

Thanks

I don't know if this is what you're asking but I will take a stab at it...

On ours the entire flooring area is vinyl (no extended decks). As far as cleaning after using our boat for the day I keep on top of it as we go. To spot clean I just use a spray bottle with a little dish soap/water mixture and medium bristle brush for the tough spots, then, if necessary, a quick spray with clean clear water and wipe with microfiber cloth and it's done. I have read that folks use a Deck Cleaner to really scrub up but not sure the brand, maybe someone else can contribute about that.This is our first year to own so end of the season I'll probably give it a thorough cleaning before storing for winter. Because I've kept up on it I don't anticipate much to do. Hope this helped a little!

We get some mess inside on the vinyl floor of our stern fishing station area, but we have an even bigger challenge outside on our extended aft deck area.  The outside vinyl is often in the sun, plus it gets plenty of abuse from all the spiders and the birds (in addition to any of our mess left behind from fishing). 

Thanks for your feedback ... all suggestions are very welcome! 

I think for maintaining the vinyl flooring it is always good to add a carpet there, so that the polish of the flooring is also maintained for a longer run.

Back