Memorial Day ..... The history lesson

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Here's hoping a safe & happy Memorial Day to everyone in our Bennington Family.

Please take a moment on Monday to remember the reason.

I've included a link for a little history lesson about the holiday, it's a good read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

SEMPER FI,

Smitty

Thanks for the post Smitty.

Always like history lessons, God Bless those that have died defending our nation

And Those Still Serving !

jsfb6pts you didn't read SemperFi's history lesson: Memorial Day is not to be confused with Veterans Day; Memorial Day is a day of remembering the men and women who died while serving, while Veterans Day celebrates the service of all U.S. military veterans, living or dead.[5] but of course we do appreciate those still serving

I do understand,what Memorial Day Is, my point is that we should also not forget those who are serving currently .

No offence intended for any one .

Last edited by a moderator:
I am grateful every day for these men and women who gave their lives for our freedom, and also their families. Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. They will not be forgotten.

Everyone have a safe and fun holiday weekend!

No offense jsfb6pts, I also greatly appreciate all who serve.

I am proud to have served in the first Gulf War (Air Force) and I am even more proud of those before me who served and those who gave the ultimate sacrifice. I am lucky that I am able to say thanks to vets all the time as I am an RN who works for the V.A......proudly serving our vets.

Thanks Keith for your service and working for the VA. I use them for all my healthcare and they're top notch.

Thanks.

Indeed.....50 years ago you wouldn't have taken your neighbor's dog to the VA for healthcare. Now we are the benchmark for the American Healthcare system. I hear it everyday from our vets about how great they feel their healthcare is by us (both in the hospital and in the out-patient setting) and I must say it is very rewarding for me hearing this from them. Everyone deserves top notch healthcare but if there is a group that deserves THE best, it's vets.

Carry on.

Back