Mercury Survey

We rented out our first pontoon at Indian Lake Oh for the first 3 years of it's life.  The rentals paid the boat off and we stopped the business relationship with the marina and brought a boat home with a little wear and tear and no debt.  It only worked because there was somebody to check it out and inspect it when returned.  Mercury's idea along the lines of renting your boat like a vacation house has some merit and I applaud them for exploring.  Their reasoning is probably that if you grow the access to boating it could help the industry which will help their sales.  Young couples are not boating like they used to.  IMHO it's because of the kids year round sport schedules (all the weekends are gone) and the industry needs to try new ways to grow the pool of interested people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got one too. Nope on renting.  Not gonna touch that one.

I got it too!

It asked other ?'s as well and for the right money my boat is for rent.

Would I like to rent one if I was going on vacation 3000 miles away rather than tow it absolutely.

So keep open mind. Not every thing different is a scam. Asking question that give feed back from customers is how change is made and why we can be thankful to have the quality and features we love in our boats. So keep open mind & good boating to you.

Back