Mercury Verado 175 ?:

akleaders

Reaction score
Hello all.

Bennington is best boat ever owned.  It is sweet!!!

I do have a question.  I brought my verado in for 20 hour servicing.

I was under the impression that next servicing is at 100 hours.

Dealer told me today that there is a 50 hour servicing as well.

I do not believe this is the case but I want to be sure.

I love my dealer.....BUT I am not going to pay for something that is not necessary.

Any help appreciated.  Everything I have read says 100 hours.

You're right about the next maintenance at 100 hours or yearly.  Other than an oil/filter change and lower unit grease replacement, they're supposed to check the engine timing and check the valve lash (for possible adjustment.) 

To spend such money at 50 hours (30 hrs. after the initial service) may just be a waste of money.

It's 100 hours.

HERE is a great document from www.veradoclub.com with tips for Verado owners, including the 100 hour check up (see page 2!). I read it many times and am now better equipped to challenge the dealer as necessary when they say this kind of stuff.

^^^ According the that, the 20 hours service is not required. It says 1st service is at 100 hours (or 50 depending on type of use). My manual is in AZ with my boat, so I don't have it handy.

My boat had been sitting on the lot for 6 months before I bought it, and I changed all fluids and filters before it went into the water. Very easy to do...

BTW: Mine is a 300, but it sounds like the service is the same or at least very similar from what I recall from the manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back