Mercury Verado

truckone176

Reaction score
I am looking at a Bennington pontoon with a Mercury 250 Verado, a 2012 model. I have experience with inboards, but this will be my first outboard engine. My question is do they have any inherent problems or issues? What is the general consensus on these engines? I do not want to start a thread of which engine is the best or "my engine is better than your engine", I would really like to hear form someone first hand about this motor.  

I have 3 seasons on my 250 Pro with zero issues. It's a terrific performer, with great top end, and tons of torque. Seasonal maintenance cost is less than the cost for my Malibu inboard.

Honestly in the used market, it's going to depend on the kind of use and care the engine had. All of the service and warranty information should be readily available from Mercury if you have the serial number. Just call their 800 number.

I have the 250 on an RCW. I have had 0 problems with it since new. I would not hesitate to own another.

I am very impressed with my Verado and would not hesitate to buy another.

Cheers, Steve

Steve,

Make sure and stop and say hello should you see me on Havasu.  I know there's another boat that looks familiar.  Not sure how you'd tell it was me but it's a 50/50 chance, lol.

Randy,

Will do. We plan on being on the lake 4-1 and 4-2. Sure has been a busy year.

Cheers, Steve

Randy,

Will do. We plan on being on the lake 4-1 and 4-2. Sure has been a busy year.

Cheers, Steve

No kidding.  My youngest daughter had her first baby in February, my oldest daughter just got engaged, my youngest son goes to the CHP Academy in May and my house in Temecula is just went on the market.  Other than that it's been pretty boring, lol.

Back