Mercury Vessel View Mobile

Jack M

Reaction score
On my 2014 I installed the Vessel View Mobile link ,I just ordered one for my Verado . Instead of using my phone ,I thought about using a tablet or other type of display that has the ability to download the Mercury app. The problem is the same as with a phone . You cant see it very well in the sun ,and some don't like the heat and will shut down . I don't believe the overheating will be an issue while underway .
Does anyone have any suggestions for a display or tablet ?
I did call Mercury this morning they don't offer anything or have any suggestions.

On my 2014 I installed the Vessel View Mobile link ,I just ordered one for my Verado . Instead of using my phone ,I thought about using a tablet or other type of display that has the ability to download the Mercury app. The problem is the same as with a phone . You cant see it very well in the sun ,and some don't like the heat and will shut down . I don't believe the overheating will be an issue while underway .
Does anyone have any suggestions for a display or tablet ?
I did call Mercury this morning they don't offer anything or have any suggestions.
I toyed with this idea for awhile with using our Vessel View similarly. Had considered tossing a soon to be secondary iPad in that direction.

In the end, I just don’t have a place to mount the iPad in the helm that I’d be happy with, so I have semi-scrapped the idea for me. That said, I had envisioned my iPad basically becoming a Vessel View, and future rear camera, display.

Anyway, no other ideas for types displays or tablets since I was dialed in on iPad. I did save some links for better marine style cases, charging, mounting, and anti-sunglare screens, etc.. I will share those below in case they are of any beneficial use to you or others with a similar idea. Nothing too extensive, just some food for thought and product ideas in the articles.

Keeping Tablet Safe & Dry on Boat

Keeping iPad Safe - Mounting, Protection, Charging

Going iPad - Apps & Ideas

Shade and glasses that are not polarized are key.

I think shade is the biggest challenge given helm layouts.

There are good ways to work around the rest: cases, charging, protection, mounting…. However, shade for both cooling and facilitating seeing the screen well, is just a difficult piece of the equation. Direct sunlight is such an issue.

I’m able to cycle through various engine data on the bottom of both displays. Are you able to do that or is the iPad used to obtain even more information?

Attachments

• 59B454F5-9810-4598-8A74-9A305C60B83B.jpeg
    59B454F5-9810-4598-8A74-9A305C60B83B.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 10
I have vessel view and don't typically have glare issues on my ipad but this may help if you do.

Attachments

• 41EBC12B-2B77-41C9-AC40-3BAD9B36CC50.jpeg
    41EBC12B-2B77-41C9-AC40-3BAD9B36CC50.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 10
I was going to start looking for something like that today .Thanks

On the Vessel View Mobil you get you your engine data .
Instead of my phone I want a larger display .

Is there room for a Simrad MFD? It will display all of the VV data with the correct link module. I have the SmartCraft Connect module for the twin 12" Garmin MFD's on my Axopar 28. I also have VV Mobile module (Bluetooth) and find it pretty much useless on a phone or even iPad.

I don't think so . The size of the helm looks the same as my 2014 R and 2020 Q . The Garmin 53 DV was a tight fit in that spot

I called Mercury yesterday I was told they do not offer a display only . Just hard wired units with other functions I already have .
The other is a vessel view link .

If anyone is interested there is a Vessel View Owners group on fb .

If anyone is interested there is a Vessel View Owners group on fb .
Joined it…and while searching a Mercury Verado owners group came up too. Joined that as well. I’ve been skimming through some past posts to check both groups out. The VVM group does have a lot of good info, particularly for someone new to a VVModule.

Back