Method to Contact Bennington Unresponsive Dealer

keever

Reaction score
Hello, how do we contact Bennington about an unresponsive dealer. Local dealer (bought elsewhere) basically refuses to take on "new accounts" unless bought boat from them. Looking to have some things checked under warranty and do not have a trailer to drive to original dealer. Are all dealers not required to perform warranty work?

Boat dealers always take care of their own customers first . They are not like automobile dealers . If you did not purchase from a dealer that you want sevice from, you are placed at back of the line . If they can even get you in .

I did not own a trailer until my current Bennington, my dealer offered a rental trailer or pick up .

I would call or email Bennington direct (check website). As Jack noted if you didn't buy from them you're not going to get the red carpet treatment, but they're obligated to perform the warranty service.

Be careful about coming off rude or Karen-like, service managers are people like everyone else and can be vindictive if you cross a line. I would think a simple email to Bennington asking for the closest dealer to you, then when confirmed it's the one in question go talk to them and let them know Bennington provided their contact info. Put them basically on notice that a bad experience will end up back at corporate.

That all being said, if the dealer doesn't care about being in Bennington's good graces then you may be put of luck and have to borrow or rent a trailer. This happens a 1000 times a day so it's part of the nature and risk of boating. Thankfully Bennington has a very robust dealer network so an alternate location hopefully isn't too far - better than some of the competition for sure.

Back