Midship Cleat?

kaydano

Reaction score
Port-side fence runs full length of the boat. Anyone add a cleat in the middle somehow?

Kaydano, I added 3/8" s.s. eyebolts on each side of mine. It is close so I bent the eye so it tilts outward a little. I removed all the cleats on my boat and replaced them with U-bolts, my preference. I'm not sure about clearance next to the fence to get your rope threw. Steve

So, midship, are these under the lip of the deck? Or are you just saying they are all now where the cleats used to be at the corners of the boat?

We have a factory u-bolt "cleat" in the midship postion. I don't remember if it bolts down through the deck or horizontal.

kaydano, I added them at about the 20 foot area. The hole was drilled through the top of the deck just outside of the fence. To keep the eye off the fence I bent it outward just below the eye. This had to be done before it was installed. I'll try to get a pic this weekend. This is used for short ropes with quick-snaps that are attatched to 3/4" s.s. pipes that are mounted at the end of my dock with brackets that lets me secure the boat in case the lift goes down. The ropes will slide down the poles as the barge goes down. Steve

Back