Model #'s of sub and amp?

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has the model numbers of the sub and amp? Heck, bennington doesn't even tell you what the output is for the amp! You'd think that if you're asking someone to spend $875 that somewhere there would be a spec about them! I ordered them anyway, just wondering what I ordered and if it was worth it. Thanks!

Derrick

I looked at the same option and decided against it. For a little more money you can have all JL speakers,and a ported 10w7 custom box sub that will blow away the kicker stuff. I sat in a boat with the option and comparing it to the slightly upgraded system in my XStar it was not going to cut it. If you've not experienced anything different I'm sure it would be fine, but knowing what it could sound like, it's tough not to just do it right the first time.

I looked at the same option and decided against it. For a little more money you can have all JL speakers,and a ported 10w7 custom box sub that will blow away the kicker stuff. I sat in a boat with the option and comparing it to the slightly upgraded system in my XStar it was not going to cut it. If you've not experienced anything different I'm sure it would be fine, but knowing what it could sound like, it's tough not to just do it right the first time.
That was my problem, haven't seen or heard any system! That's why I was wondering what the model #'s were. My boat is scheduled for build on 23rd of this month and I had to decide if I wanted it or not. My cousin's boat is being built right now, an MB SPORTS wakeboarding boat, and the bugger is gonna have 3400 watts rms of power, with 3 batteries just for the stereo! So I HAD to put something in my boat!! I knew that if I didn't have Bennington put it in, who knows when I might have done it if ever! So said what the heck, it's only money! It'll sound better than NOT having it so sure. But I sure would like to know what I ordered!

Derrick

Our lake house is less than 50 feet from the water, and our area is heavily populated. I can often hear trolling fishermen talking from 200+ yards away in a normal tone of voice. Sound really travels on water.

Two things that really get on our nerves are boats with power boosters/sub woofers and twin engine Donzi's without any mufflers on their V-8's. We can feel the barometric pressure rising on sub woofers from miles away--no kidding.

Please leave the sub woofers off, and don't be a noise polluter.

Our lake has good size fishing tournaments every Friday night, and we awoke most Saturday mornings @ 5:00 a.m. to the sounds of 250 hp 2 stroke motors being trimmed out to where they were screaming. It was so bad the we had to get our State Water Troopers to flag these 80 mph fishermen down to ask them to cool it. And, thankfully they have.

Pontooners have always been very good neighbors--as every house virtually has one sitting in their boathouse beside a bass boat and two PWC's.

I can see your concern, but it does not apply to me. Mostly because I have common sense and courtesy. I usually wake up about 5am, so nothing makes me "happier" than when my neighbors kids decide to play basketball after midnight and the ball starts bouncing off my house, which happens to be the wall of my bedroom! I would never go to the extreme of my cousin, but wouldn't mind a little extra oomph in my tunes. Another reason is the lake that I boat on is a national park and there are only a few cottages that are even allowed to have docks, and the actual homes are a ways up from the lake. But as I said, I can see your concerns. It is amazing to think of how different this world could be if a lot more people used common sense and a little extra courtesy!

Derrick

Oh, and I'm assuming then that you don't know the model #'s? :) :) :) !

How about a little help TB!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent point about having lake manners, too often it's the people who don't actually live on the water that don't understand how annoying it can be to have somebody not being considerate of others. With regards to the sub and speakers its really all about the quality of the sound. People buying a Bennington are obviously those who notice the details and appreciate the quality in the boats. It doesnt have to be loud to tell the difference, it's all about personal preferences, get what you like and go enjoy everyday in the sun like it might be your last!

I just ordered a Pyle 10" powered sub to get me by until I can install a proper sub and amp next year. It was 59% off at "onlinecarstereo.com" ,$183 with free shipping. Will report if it was worth it. Steve

Hey Team Bennington, a little help here? Thanks!

Derrick

Will get the info posted tomorrow...

Last edited:
We currently use the Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amplifier P400-4,50 watts per channel. An M2 Marine Grade 10" subwoofer also comes with the package. We install the subwoofer under the console with a modified console door. RCW and QCW I/O models get 2 subwoofers and 2 amplifiers. These are OEM model numbers...they often do not match the model numbers you will find on retail models. We are currently evaluating our sound systems for the 2013 model year! Hope this helps, TB

We currently use the Rockford Fosgate 4 channel amplifier P400-4,50 watts per channel. An M2 Marine Grade 10" subwoofer also comes with the package. We install the subwoofer under the console with a modified console door. RCW and QCW I/O models get 2 subwoofers and 2 amplifiers. These are OEM model numbers...they often do not match the model numbers you will find on retail models. We are currently evaluating our sound systems for the 2013 model year! Hope this helps, TB
For what it's worth, My opinion is that JL is the Bennington of the stereo industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perfect! Thank-you! I have a 2275RCW ordered and didn't know what I had paid for! Much appreciated.

Derrick

Hey Team Bennington

I just ordered a 2275 GCW due to be built on the 13th with the amp and stereo upgrade why does the G series only get 1 amp and sub but cost the same as the r and q series that recieve 2 ??? . Is this upgrade worth the money the??? How would you say it sounds ??7

Thanks

Hey Team Bennington

I just ordered a 2275 GCW due to be built on the 13th with the amp and stereo upgrade why does the G series only get 1 amp and sub but cost the same as the r and q series that recieve 2 ??? . Is this upgrade worth the money the??? How would you say it sounds ??7

Thanks
I believe it is only the I/O that get 2, I don't have mine yet, but pretty sure it is just one. If you look at the upgrade cost on the I/O models, it is higher. I read it the same way as you at first! :)

Derrick

I The answer to your question is really how important is it to you. The base radio with the kicker speakers are nice if you just want to listen to the radio...if you really like your tunes, you'll have upgrade. I just finished my upgrade to the 2550RCL, I went with replacing the 4 base Kicker speakers with 4 JL speakers and added a JL 12W7 in a ported box under the helm. 2 amps, a 750HD for the sub and 400/1 for the speakers. I also went ahead and added blue LED ring lights to the speakers to match the cup holders and underwater lighting. Bennington should really offer a high end option like this, a few more bucks, but what a difference!

I The answer to your question is really how important is it to you. The base radio with the kicker speakers are nice if you just want to listen to the radio...if you really like your tunes, you'll have upgrade. I just finished my upgrade to the 2550RCL, I went with replacing the 4 base Kicker speakers with 4 JL speakers and added a JL 12W7 in a ported box under the helm. 2 amps, a 750HD for the sub and 400/1 for the speakers. I also went ahead and added blue LED ring lights to the speakers to match the cup holders and underwater lighting. Bennington should really offer a high end option like this, a few more bucks, but what a difference!
I agree to one extent, on the other hand, many people who are crazy about their music wouldn't get the high end upgrade because they will want a specific brand, or even just exactly the model that they like. My cousin hasn't even got his boat, still getting built and went as far as calling the manufacturer and asking them to use 12 gauges wire in the wake tower because if they used the 16 gauges they normally do, he'd just rip it all out as soon as he got it. He's got well over 10 grand in Wet Sounds gear sitting in his basement, just waiting for his boat to get built. For the average person, the factory with kicker speakers is probably enough, for those who want a little more, they can opt for the sub and amp addition. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a little higher end in the boat, but since my cousin is a bit crazy about his stereo, he is already talking about selling me an amp and sub, which haven't even been used yet for cheap because Wet Sounds has a new model out. Haha yay for me I figure!

Derrick

I totally agree some of us crazy people would still rip out whatever factory stuff was added...or just add to it. It is kind of like horsepower in a car...505hp is more than you could possibly ever need on a public road, but heck for only a mere 11k more in modifications you can be pushing 635hp. I personally would just go the easy factory route if they had a high end option like Wetsounds or JL, vs. the pain in the butt of doing it later. That's why I love this country, you have choices and can do silly stuff like this...Anybody who argues that we don't live in the best place in the world has not traveled much!

I totally agree some of us crazy people would still rip out whatever factory stuff was added...or just add to it. It is kind of like horsepower in a car...505hp is more than you could possibly ever need on a public road, but heck for only a mere 11k more in modifications you can be pushing 635hp. I personally would just go the easy factory route if they had a high end option like Wetsounds or JL, vs. the pain in the butt of doing it later. That's why I love this country, you have choices and can do silly stuff like this...Anybody who argues that we don't live in the best place in the world has not traveled much!
Haha, awesome that you said that, my original thought of the upgrade was, "well I might as well get it, that way WHEN I get a new sub and amp, the wire and stuff is already run and ready!". I do see your point, I would have paid more to have the "good stuff" in there from the start, not that what's in there isn't good, but it isn't high end aka Wet Sounds.

Derrick

1. 2010 2275 QXI What amp is installed with the Fosgate stereo system.

2. Can anyone tell me if there is a solution to the amp cutting out and sound qulitly going bad after awhile. ( Dual Battery system)

THANKS

CS, welcome to the club!

I cannot tell you what amp you have, T-B may be able to help with that, otherwise if you can get to it, you should find that info on the amp itself.

As for the amp cutting out and/or sound quality, i would think either a drop in supply voltage/amperage, a ground connection, or it just can't keep up with the demand and goes into overload protection.

Have you added additional speakers or subs?

Back