Model Year Verification

kakrist

Reaction score
I purchased a Bennington and need help to verify the model year for insurance purposes. The serial number is ETWC9839H617.

Sorry I had that wrong

ETW C9839 H 6 17
H=8 6=2016

Last edited:
HINs By The Numbers
A typical hull identification number (HIN) consists of 12 letters and numbers, as in ABC12345D404.

Here's what the letters and numbers mean:

ABC: This is the U.S. Coast Guard-assigned manufacturer identification code (MIC). Go to the USCG Manufacturers Indentification page to access the Coast Guard's MIC database.

12345: This is the serial number assigned to the hull by the manufacturer. This may be a combination of letters and numbers. The letters "I," "O," and "Q" are excluded because they could be mistaken for numbers.

D: This is the month of certification, indicating the month in which construction began. "A" represents January and "L" represents December. In our example, "D" means April.

4: This is the year of certification. The number is the last digit of the year in which the boat was built. "4" in this case designates 2004.

04: This indicates the boat's model year.

I don't know what to say.... Interesting.... Thanks, but I'm still confused about the original purchase date being in 2016.

Our 2007 was purchased on June 30th 2006.

Looking at my registration right now on my 2018 Bennington and it shows the 9th and 10th figures as C and 8.

My boat was built in March(C) of 2018(8) and delivered April 13th 2018

Where did you find the ETW number (serial number) -- I need to email that to Tumacs for cover creation, looked all over transom, looked at the plate by drivers seat that specifies number of people/allowable weight, etc. -- don't see it. Thanks

I believe it's in the stern on the starboard side.

Thanks - was beginning to wonder if I had puchased a stolen boat way back, but I had covered with a rope that I had tied from bow to stern on both sides years ago as a quick anchor point for a generic cover and since it rides high and up under the deck rail, I had left it on -- it was just thin enough to hide under that thing.... lol

Back