Mooring cover strap

You talking about the one you toss over the bimini to keep the corners up to prevent pooling? If so I think you could have one made at a tent and awning shop if you don't want to attrempt it on your own.

If you just need the strap that goes over the bimini you can buy the strapping at a fabric or craft store. They also sell the clips - just be sure to get the correct size/width. I've made straps doing this for camping equipment (not for the boat). If the clips sewn to the Bimini are broken your best bet might be a canvas shop to re sew them. Should not be too expensive. 

At our community dock, was a new 24SX.  The cover straps at the stern were wrapped around each Bimini leg and locked like they snapped to themselves.  Does the strap not go over the Bimini any more or did the owner not get instructions and figured a way to make them work. I never saw the owner to ask them.

I have my strap threaded over the anchor light.

I now go over anchor light. I use to go over Bimini but it wore a hole through my boot on my last Benni. Luckily I caught it before it went through the Bimini itself. 

Back