Mooring line on the tube eyelet?

big shooter

Reaction score
I will usually dock my pontoon, but I have a mooring for rough weather. My dealer said I could just connect the mooring pendant to the center tube eyelet. I have heard you shouldn't use those on other boats. They look substantial, and most pontoon's on my lake seem to use them for mooring. The owners manual just says "only use bow eye, stern eye, and other cleats or other attachment points that have been approved for mooring" But I don't see anywhere they say what is and is not approved for mooring. And I don't see any other "bow eye"

Thoughts?

My dealer told me to secure the two bow lines to the two pontoon eyelets, not the cleats. Everyone at my marina does that. They seem WAY stronger than the cleats and no chance of damage. I use heavy-duty stainless hooks to clip the bow lines. Work perfectly.

Attachments

• clip.JPG
    clip.JPG
    103.5 KB · Views: 54
I'd have to agree that they look substantial and that any of the three (tri-toon) will work better than a cleat.

They are substantial. Used the center tube "eyelet" to winch my Tritoon onto the trailer for years!!!

I've seen literally hundreds of pontoons hauled on scissor trailers using the front tube eyelets to secure them to trailers.

Back