Motor Position

sottemail@yahoo.com

Reaction score
I have a question regarding motor position. I have a 2017 25’ GPD, ESP Tri Toon.
300 HP Evinrude G2
I if anyone else has a similar set up do you know where they mounted your G2?
Mine was mount all the way down.
I have the 18 pitch 3 Blade Rebel Stainless Steel prop that came with the boat.
Comes out of the hole shot hard, top end just under 50 mph.

I've got a different set-up but it sounds to me like you have it dialed right in. My top speed with a 2574 GCW pushed by a 250 Verado is right around 40 MPH. Those Evinrudes just seem to flat out fly!

I have 23RCW with 300 Yamaha and top out at 47-48 with an occasional 49. I am spinning a 17.5 pitch in the 2nd hole. I think your dialed in pretty good.

Did they offer you to try an RX 4? I had one on my G1 and just not enough rpm for my motor but man what a fantastic prop!!

I’m looking into the RX4 prop now, we don’t do much tubing or find ourselves having to make real aggressive turns but I’d like to have a second prop.
The main reason I’m asking about motor position is when we are planes out and in a wavier conditions I was getting a lot of spay coming up. I’ve heard that if the prop/ motor is to low in the water it will drive the front of the boat or pontoon down in front.

I also get a fair of turbulence behind me at WOT. My motor is as high as I can run it without having to trim at every turn. I took a spin on a guys boat down the lake and he was running and ESP/G2 200HO with an RX4 which should be close you and he runs one hole up from all the down and said he’s tagged 50 once or twice.(showed me on his gps) He thought he could get a tick more on speed going up another hole but said the boat handles awesome and he’s happy with the speed so he’s not going to mess with it. All they do it tube and ski.

My f200 is on the second hole up. Worked great for the conditions in MI. Still need more time to see how it does down here.

I've got a different set-up but it sounds to me like you have it dialed right in. My top speed with a 2574 GCW pushed by a 250 Verado is right around 40 MPH. Those Evinrudes just seem to flat out fly!
I’m impressed with the G2 300, I’ve been running a Merc 150 optimax on my Lund since 2006 without any issues so i was a little concerned about a different motor brand. We ride past the Merc Test Plant on the fox river every weekend.
Every You Tube video i watch with a G2 150 vs any name brand 200 the Evinrude kicked butt

Back