Mounting electronics

TrueTex

Reaction score
I am adding a lowrance chart plotter to my boat (24scwx) that I believe has a g series helm. Wondering if anyone who has mounted electronic accessories might be willing to share pictures of their handy work ...

I will have a picture in a day or two.  Just got boat today.  Boat is covered now, and I am packing and traveling tomorrow to camp/boat.  Should be able to post a picture of my Lowrance HDS 7 Touch.  Quick story, put it on the right hand side of my 2574 GCWB helm with a long ram arm.  Usable for if I am fishing in front of the helm to still see fish, etc.

Day or two?

Still using film?

We have a 22 SFX.

We paid our dealer to run the transducer wiring from the rear pontoon of the boat to under the helm as it required removing the underdeck waveshield.

For the locator screen/RAM mount, we didn't have that great of a spot on the left side of console so mounted on the right, just to the rear of the windshield (other's have done this). There's a little flat spot. (Clrd from this forum helped with pix of his! Thanks) The only holes is the three small screw holes that secure the RAM mount. (We put a small piece of 3/4" plywood underneath to sturdy the screws/application). To get the wires up to the screen, there's an opening under the helm to run the wires up the out side of the helm (we had to loosen the two screws holding the helm to the fence/rail just enough to squeeze the wires up through there). As Clrd, we zip tied the two wires to keep them running together. This application does not interfere with our mooring cover. We're happy with it!

Hope this helps a little!

I just picked up a Ram X-Grip mount with the suction base. I bought two different X-Grips for it, one for my iPad Mini and one for a phone. This is going to be awesome for navigating Lake Powell! So far, I love it and no damage/permanent modifications to the helm. 

IMG_1038.JPG

IMG_1050.JPG

IMG_1040.JPG

IMG_1051.JPG

I tried it up front in the center too, but I think I like the other position better. 

IMG_1037.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back