Move gauges and install Lowrance HDS7+

What toon setup do you have? Two toon or triple? 

Typically if it's "under" the toon, you will have an access plate installed in the deck of the boat. 

Like this 
2017%20Bennington%20S%20series%2024SSRX%20(12).jpg

I just added another picture showing the table port in the floor in the back. Maybe it is under that?

Maybe on rear deck. Look at bottom right of photo I posted.

Maybe on rear deck. Look at bottom right of photo I posted.

Yeah I think you are right.. trying to go off memory I *think* there is a port right there. I will try to drive out there tomorrow and see if that's it. Would be awesome if I can get fuel so I don't have to drill into the helm!

98994.582b361bba394f41448c29b5.xl.jpg

I spoke to the guy that wired the fish finder and he suggested I wouldn't even need to run a cable. He was saying we should be able to just get the cable and connect it to the existing cabling coming from the sensor. That would be much better! lol

It should be visible right on top of your tank if you can see any of it, perhaps under a black plastic cover piece.  If not, look for a 6" or so round cap in the floor that should screw/pop off, it should be under that. 

I spoke to the guy that wired the fish finder and he suggested I wouldn't even need to run a cable. He was saying we should be able to just get the cable and connect it to the existing cabling coming from the sensor. That would be much better! lol

I would agree. Should only be a 2 wire setup under helm from original connector. Should be an easy hookup. 

Not a Lowrance, but I have the Garmin 547xs with a NMEA 2000 network.  My engine is tied into that, which also does a calculation as to how much fuel is in my tank.

This calculation is predicated on three things:

1. I tell the Garmin during initial setup how many gallons of gas my boat holds (in my case 51 gallons)

2. When I fill both tanks, I tell the Garmin that I just filled the tanks (so it now knows how much fuel I have in the tanks - 51 gallons)

3.  From here it computes my fuel flow/consumption, subtracting this from the 51 gallons, thus giving me a calculation (and screen readout to 1 decimal place) of how much fuel is remaining.

I would still not be comfortable without having an actual fuel gauge though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back