MSRP on Benny Build Site. 2014 or 2015 Pricing?

jman

Reaction score
Wondering if the pricing on the build portion of the site is 2014 or 2015. If it's 2014 do we know what the increase is for 2015. Also I have read here that any boat built now or delivered recently with a 2015 designation is really a 2014 with 2015 badging.

Also when you look at purchase price vs. MSRP do you ad freight and prep to MSRP or just freight?

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure everything is still displayed as 2014. Yes, you need to add freight and prep, no idea on the increase. 

It would also be a year newer for resale .

It would also be a year newer for resale .
True and a factor for sure although I read here that on the S models the bow lounger will now wrap slightly around at the front with a smaller bow gate in 2015. This is similar to the G series and a feature that I like. 

So I would have a 2015 boat with 2014 features.

When we ordered our 2550 RCL in June the dealer told us that any boat constructed after August 1,2014 would be a 2015 model with all of the 2015 upgrades, one of the reasons we waited an extra 5 weeks for the boat.  I just compared a print out of the boat from June 2014 with the current prices on the boat builder portion of the website and the prices are the same.

That is my understanding, title of boat will say 2015 but boat is really a 2014. I am being told that the current MSRP on this site are 2014 prices and that I need to ad 2.7% for 2015.

You guys are giving me a case of P.A.D.s :eek: .

I have the dealer figuring out a motor upgrade ( It got side tracked at the end of June ) .So that should cure it for a year or so 

That is my understanding, title of boat will say 2015 but boat is really a 2014. I am being told that the current MSRP on this site are 2014 prices and that I need to ad 2.7% for 2015.
 That may be true but if it is then my dealer was not truthful in what he told me when ordering my boat.  :angry:

That may be true but if it is then my dealer was not truthful in what he told me when ordering my boat.  :angry:
Sorry. I am referring to a 2015 currently on a dealer lot/yard. That is to say that a boat delivered to a dealer this month or last with a designation of 2015 is really a 2014 boat.

Sorry. I am referring to a 2015 currently on a dealer lot/yard. That is to say that a boat delivered to a dealer this month or last with a designation of 2015 is really a 2014 boat.
Check the HIN on the boat in inventory. It will tell you the month of production and year, as well as the model year. They can be different.

I ordered my boat this past may. It was built on July 7 and is a 2015. Just delivered yesterday.

Cheers, Steve

price confused. what is the realistic discount on MSRP?

From what I've read on this forum it can vary greatly.  The only game in town around here quoted 11% off the builder number.  Having said that I would think that 10% would be the minimum discount.

Depends on demographics and dealer volume .I have heard from 15% to 31% AND if there are any factory discounts at the time of order .

Jack M. is right on.  Prices vary by dealer and area.  I ordered mine the 3rd week in July (at 2014 prices) and got a discount of right at about 31%.  The dealer initially gave me a 30% discount and I managed to get him a bit lower which was closer to 31%.  When delivered it was a 2015 model so the discount was even bigger considering an increase in 2015 prices of approx 2.5% on MSRP.  If you can find a dealer that gets volume discounts (mine told me that was why he could provide a larger discount than other dealers), you can probably do better than a dealer who does not sell a lot.  Good luck.

This time of year, I think you should be seeing more towards deeply discounted. We found an in stock 2014 and received a very generous deal, in excess of what is usually quoted here in the forums, to get the boat off the dealer's lot. Granted we may have ordered the boat differently but would have paid a signifigantly higher price.

I ordered mine last December and was leaning toward building a G model.  The dealer ran the numbers and said he could only get me about 11% off the G model MSRP, but could go about 20% off a comparable upgraded S model.  When I then switched to a bigger motor I got an even better deal on that.  It's all a mystery.  I've seen some people talk about getting 30+% off, but caution any new buyers to not get their hopes up on getting that much off or they will likely be disappointed.      

Back