My humble abode

Wow Todd, that is a lot to go through. I can tell from your words that the pain and sadness is still very real, but I also have this picture in my mind that while you are reminiscing on the good times a small but perceptible smile comes to your face. I know it has been a while, but I'm still sorry for your loss. All we can ever ask out of life is that when we pass on we leave lasting fond memories to the ones we loved and who loved us, everything else is useless. I'm sure it is saddening during this rough time, but always know he is watching over you. Take care my friend, beautiful memories you have, thank you for sharing them with your extended Bennington family.

Lost my dad to pancreatic cancer also in 1988. He worked his whole life and never missed a day and retired at 65, and died when he was 70. Like Billy Joel sang, only the good die young.

Lost my Dad to Prostate Cancer in 2003............just passed the 10 yr. mark...........think about him every day............Sad.

We lost my father 7 years ago. He too was diabetic, had non-functioning kidneys (due to diabetes) and was on hemodialysis. He lasted the average on dialysis--4 years--when he threw a clot that went to his lungs. He had been in the hospital for a broken hip @ 86 years old.

My father retired @ 59 years old, and he and 3 carpenters built a new lake house. My grandmother somehow bought 400' of prime Tennessee River waterfront in 1945, and we're up to the 5th generation that absolutely love the place.

I spend many afternoons working at the lake house, but much of my time is spent goofing off (away from my wife.) I sit in my father's spring back chair and watch the many, many fishermen and boats going by. Thoughts of my departed family is not far from my heart at anytime I'm there. There's been a few tons of food go across that table for 10 on the screen porch.

The marine lifestyle is all about good memories, and now we have two more young grandkids to brainwash into the love of the lake. They're coming along, and we talk constantly about what Daddy Joe would think of these two great children.

Back