Need a New Depth finder/Temp gauge

MrG

Reaction score
Hey everyone I haven’t posted in a long time I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and being safe I have a 2012 2575QCW end it came with a stock Garman fishfinder/10 gauge depth meter from day one it’s never worked correctly and depth and temperature have been more of a suggestion then anything that you could depend on and recently the temp portion of the fishfinder doesn’t even work. So out of the three things that my stock Garmin should have done the only thing that matters to me is water temperature I realize most of these units are all in one I don’t mind spending a little money but I want something that’s really good and accurate what could you recommend. I realize the worst part of installing a new gauge like this will be running a wire to the back tune hopefully I can use my existing wire as a pull wire but just wondering if there are any wireless Bluetooth type of sensors that don’t require a wire to be run to them

Last edited by a moderator:
I decided to go with a Garmin Striker 4. $102 delivered on Amazon. Seems like a simple/inexpensive unit. I’ll let you guys know what it’s like when I Install it

Well I got the Garman stryker four and it almost completely covers the whole where the echo 100 that I used to have occupied. I could easily make amount to cover the hole or simply upgrade to the Garman stryker 4+ I’m sure the larger display would cover the whole better I’ll try this one out for the weekend and let you know

Here is the Striker 4 installed.
had to run a new transducer wire from the back up to the helm. Had to take off the side skirt to run the new transducer.

Attachments

• 1864FB5F-DD77-41FD-81D8-025863D44DDA.jpeg
    1864FB5F-DD77-41FD-81D8-025863D44DDA.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 48
the Display shows
1.Depth
2.Speed (when underway)
3.Temp
4.Time
And across the top is a compass of corse all of these things can be turned on or off so the display can have as little or as much info as you like

Looks Good.

It’s just sitting where the Orignal used to sit. (Not mounted) I was gonna just play with it for a month before I drilled and holes

I added a Faria 2" panel mounted depth gauge on my last 2 Benny's. The port side of helm has a great spot to mount gauge just above sound system head unit or conventional marine stereo. Next to 12v power port. I put a Faria in our 2013 22 SLX with depth, air temp, and water temp displays. In our newest 2017 22 SSRCXP, I just went for depth as digits are nice and large if depth only feature. Looks stock in dash and power for it can be found from sound system as draw is very low and it is switched with accessory switch and can be turned off by pressing button on face of gauge if you want music on without depth on. My 2017 has the Garmin factory mounted on starboard side so this gives me back up depth reading in case I don't trust the other units display. The Garmin shows water temp also.

Back