New 2017 22 SSRX

DGC

Reaction score
Hello, ordering our first Bennington in a couple of days and have been frantically searching for reviews of the 22 SSRX SPS with the G2 e-etc, but have not been very successful. We are considering the 150 G2 HO or going all out with the 200 G2 HO, are there any reviews out there with the G2's on Benningtons?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
200hp G2 HO. Trust me been there done that. A 22' boat will fly! 

Here are a couple links for more info on Evinrude Etec outboards and pontoons boats. 

http://www.etecownersgroup.com/

https://www.boattest.com/result/Any%20Manufacturer/Pontoon%20boat/Any%20Size

I have an Etec 225HO G! on a Benny R model and have had zero issues to date.  The G2 engine series has been out a couple of years and has been holding up well so far according to the etec owners group link given above.  Top speed on my current Benny is 46.6 mph with 2 people.   I had a very similar pontoon previously with a Yamaha F150 outboard and also had no issues -- it's top speed with 2 people was 40 mph.  Not a lot of gain in speed with 240+ HP (HO version is approx 10% higher).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, I am not looking for a rocket but would like decent performance with 6 or so on board. 

What would be a good guess as to performance with the 150 G2 HO vs the 200 G2 HO?

I may have seen a couple of reviews on the boat test site, I will look through the entire list.

I have the 2016 22ssrx with the 150 Suzuki and it is a blast. My max hp is 175, you looking at the sps "plus" model?  Or is the max 200 now?  For me, I wish I would have went 175, probabaly wouldn't get much more top end, but there would be some.  Now, a jump to 200, no way I would pass on that.  That boat will rock.  Don't forget your safety glasses!

I was still holding 36 mph with about 1000 lbs of people and gear.

If you can afford the difference in cost now do it! I went with a standard 200 instead of the HO. Worst $700.00 I saved in my life! You'll never be able to upgrade later for the difference now. I've been on several pontoons with different hp G2s, they run fantastic, decent on fuel (depending on your right hand!) and very minimal oil consumption. 

Thanks Matt, what is your max speed and do you loose at lot of that adding 6 or 8 people?

Specs are in my signature, 41.6 +/- is what I get by myself and will hold onto 38 or so with a few people and gear.

Thanks guys, I am not looking for a rocket but would like decent performance with 6 or so on board. 

What would be a good guess as to performance with the 150 G2 HO vs the 200 G2 HO?

I may have seen a couple of reviews on the boat test site, I will look through the entire list.

With "6 or so on board" and doing water sports, go with the higher HP engine would be good advice.  If you are just cruising around you won't see much difference.

Is the G2 the only option? My Yamaha F200 has performed well and I would recommend it.

I currently have a 2375 RCW with E-Tec 250 G2. I absolutely love this motor and the fuel eff. has been great as well. Performance wise it has torque and top end.

Back