New 2375 RCW

tom tadych

Reaction score
Have been thinking about purchasing a toon for several months but was hesitant, as we have always owned conventional V bottom craft in the past. Our current boat is a 2007 Cobalt 252 w a big block Merc IO (375 hp). Because of diminished water depths we were unable to dock behind our home, so we opted for the toon. This is what we ordered two weeks ago.

2375 RCW

Black Panels

Black Top

Champagne Accent

Sandstone

Platinum Matrix CarpetWoven Teak Aft

Teak Trim

Mercury Verado 200 Pro

Mercury DTS

ESP

Dual Battery

Battery Distribution Panel

Center Fuel (50gal.)

Ottoman w Cooler

Port Bench Seat

Elevated Helm

52" Ski Pylon

Sharkhide

Sony Blue Tooth

Porta Potty

Center Tube Storage

Cover Clips

Hopefully I purchased the right equipment. Did a lot of reading on this site prior to ordering and all of your comments were extremely helpful

Thank you.

Tom Tadych

Looks good but have considered going up to 250 hp?

Did not really consider the 250. I really feel the 200 will be adequate for the general purpose use the toon will receive. Will tow the grand children infrequently as my son also has a boat.

May I ask why you think the 250 should receive additional consideration? Maybe I need to rethink this! Ah no, my wife tells me that I have already thought this purchase to DEATH…...

The six cylinder 225 or 250 will give you more midrange torque than the 4 cylinder 200. If it's a consideration at all, I'd think resale would also be better with the 250. 

I just last week picked up Bennington and it is very close to one you ordered. I order the 250 because I came out of a Baja with a 454 mag engine. I enjoy going fast sometime. Most importantly, I want all the power I can get when I need it. No one complaints about to much power. But people to complaint about to little. My wife told me I need to will this boat to someone. Because I'm not getting another one in this life time. Ha. Ha. You're going to love your Bennington and enjoy boating like never before

Sounds like a great build! I was happy with my 200SHO. When we ordered the "newer" boat my wife said to get the 250 because she didn't want to hear any more talk about upgrading!! Haha very pleased I did since with all my "extras" I get only a couple mph better than with the 200! I'm not sure about the clips. I looked at them, but they seemed like something that was easily broken and not as strong as the snaps, although I could be wrong. People do say they are handy though!

Very nice.

Nice setup but I would also say consider the 250 cheaper to get it now than later

Congratulations .

Looks like a nice build. As much as I love my carpet, next toon will be all vinyl, Seagrass, or at bare minimum, the darkest carpet with the most pattern in it. We have the lighter carpet and it shows every speck of dirt, dust or pebble. I wish it was easy to tear off cause it would be gone in a heartbeat !!

SemperFi, which carpet do you have?  I have the Mocha Palm and I love I and find it always looks good and hides a lot of sand.  In addition it is cool on feet and not slippery as I would expect vinyl to be

Thanks guys for all the input regarding my new 2375 build. Commodore, I did purchase the six cylinder version (PRO) model of the engine. This is the 200hp version and the least amount of horsepower offered with the six cylinder block. There is also a four cylinder outboard that puts out 200 hp but I opted for the 6 because of torque, etc.

Appreciate all the helpful comments…..

Regards,

Tom T.

Ah yes, I missed that they have both a 200 (I-4) and 200 Pro (I-6). Good choice.

SemperFi, which carpet do you have? I have the Mocha Palm and I love I and find it always looks good and hides a lot of sand. In addition it is cool on feet and not slippery as I would expect vinyl to be
Mark

We have the Sand Palm. It's just too light for my liking. It looks great after a good cleaning, but it shows EVERYTHING.

Back