New and Old Bennington Information

Taxman

Reaction score
Not only am I new to the forum,I'm looking for my first pontoon. After doing some research I've come to the conclusion that a Bennington is the way to go. Someone told me there was a major model change in 2009 and the styling was improved. As I searched the net I've found very few 2009's for sale. Was the change on the 2009 year, or 2010? When did they come out with the 32" center tube? The ESP? And finally, is there a descriptive list of the boat codes: RCW, RLC, RLCi, etc. I'm looking to buy a used boat, so I don't want to bother a dealer that probably won't be involved in the sale.

Thanks for your help. I've already learned a lot from just reading the Forums.

First of all welcome to the forum. I do not know when the model change occurred but you can go to the Bennington website to find the list of standards / options for each model. You can browse different models and can also build your boat with all the different options.

Good luck on your purchase. I too did a lot of research before purchasing and I feel you are right in looking for a Bennington.

First year for ESP was 2008.

There are changes to the model line every year. I have a 2009 and I would not say it was a major across the lines change. The change in 2009 was dropping the sedona line and calling it a bennington s and a change to the best radio they have had in any year (rockford fosgate). I am not suprized that you are finding it hard to find a 2009, I would not sell mine even if you offered the full price I paid for it. I would say that there are a lot of fans of the 2011 boats on this forum, a very nice boat too.

Back