New Baby!!!!

Dr Bob

Reaction score
We just took delivery of our new 20SSRxtri Benny yesterday!!! Black with champagne cove!! Handles like a dream! Just a couple of questions for you seasoned veterans. The dealership recommended membership in our Club Bennington to get an extended factory warranty??!! Does anyone know the specifics concerning this?

The delivery process went fairly smoothly with only one exception. I opted for the individual seat covers. I was told they were marked via tag for location of placement. They were marked but incorrectly!!! After about an hour of struggling I realized this. Two already had the snaps ripped off but were put back under the storage seats!! No biggy... I also didn't expect fireworks or a band to play during delivery but I honestly felt the salesman gave us the boot out the door. I felt he should have at least gone over the options with us. At any rate I'm glad to be part of the Bennington family and look forward to many pleasurable experiences!! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the club! And pics of the new boat or it didn't happen!!! 

Welcome aboard and like lakeliving said, no pics, ain't true..... :lol:

Our dealer was the total opposite. After a while, I was like "just let me sign and go..."

Dr Bob, 

Sorry to hear you were made to feel rushed. I'm sure it depends on the dealer and the number of boats they have to deliver. The problem with taking delivery of a new toy is that you as the consumer don't necessarily know what to ask. Not trying to defend the dealer just a thought. I hope that you were told about all of the things that are safety related and necessary for the longevity of your purchase. Now go out and relish all the new things you are going to learn having a wonderful time on your brand new Bennington.:))))

Pictures!!!!!

PS If the covers were mislabeled Bennington will, ( I'm quite sure) repair or replace the damaged ones. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Dr. Bob.......

Get the mooring cover instead! It'll protect EVERYTHING not only the seats! 

Glad that you have your new boat. Looks like a nice weekend coming,hopefully you will get time on the boat. 

If I remember right, the boat will be sitting in the water for the season. Please take the time to look at tcpip95's thread on it's got ugly. I don't know your situation,but this stuff is REAL. Happy boating!

Signing for our new Bennington tomorrow! Nothing fancy just a 20 fishing one with a few upgrades. Due to bad weather coming in we decided to leave our boat there a couple more weeks verses trying to navigate to the dock via channels (didn't need a trailer since we are storing at connected Marina/Dealer) in the storms. Also since we are new to the pontoon ownership (Own jet skies and owned a old ski boat until we traded in for another jet ski) the dealer wants to take us out on the water to show us everything. No fear in being rushed...I am a women...you know we can never be rushed when we want answers lol!

Signing for our new Bennington tomorrow! Nothing fancy just a 20 fishing one with a few upgrades. Due to bad weather coming in we decided to leave our boat there a couple more weeks verses trying to navigate to the dock via channels (didn't need a trailer since we are storing at connected Marina/Dealer) in the storms. Also since we are new to the pontoon ownership (Own jet skies and owned a old ski boat until we traded in for another jet ski) the dealer wants to take us out on the water to show us everything. No fear in being rushed...I am a women...you know we can never be rushed when we want answers lol!

Welcome Marble Lake Lady! Pictures when you have time and enjoy that new Benny!

Welcome to the forum and the new boats MLL and Dr. Bob.  I hope both of you enjoy your respective new boats this upcoming summer.  

Back