New Bennington-dealer discounts

Carlson80

Reaction score
I ordered my LX at a 26% discount, ordered in June. I was and am happy. Maybe could have got a couple percent more off somewhere else but by dealer is amazing and I feel like the discount was fair. Win-win.

Nautical

Reaction score
Those aluminum increases are VERY recent as in this year. Bennington has been raising their prices around 8% per year for many years now and besides that small an increase should have little to no effect on the retail price anyway.

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
Those aluminum increases are VERY recent as in this year. Bennington has been raising their prices around 8% per year for many years now and besides that small an increase should have little to no effect on the retail price anyway.
I thought aluminum tariffs were still in effect?
Also, do (Did) you get a raise every year? I’m sure their employees do, and all that goes into cost, along with increased health insurance costs, business insurance liability costs, transportation costs, electric, gas, water, sewer, so I’d say 8% per year is reasonable considering all the “hidden” costs involved.

Bill N

Reaction score
but prices have risen dramatically over the past few years (with no significant increase in costs) so I'm sure margins grew a little too.
The businesses I have been privy to financial numbers have never had "floating" margins for the retailer as you suggest. I'm comfortable assuming that your statement is likely incorrect.

the-little-B

Reaction score
this probably wont last but...

my 2018 went up roughly 20% per year if you were to spec out that same boat today. A bit steep no? From what I’ve seen a lot of the increases came along with the new ownership.

Nautical

Reaction score
You think repeating an 8% increase every year is even possible? At that rate it only takes 9 years to double the price. I've bought and sold two R classes so far. It wasn't long ago a 2017 R with a decent set of options had an MSRP between $90K and $98K and could be bought in the mid to high 60s, or low 70s at worst. That same exact configuration is now well north of $125K. I heard they were raising the prices 8% a year but it seems like even more than that has occurred. Sorry but to me a slab of aluminum, plywood and vinyl with a 3rd party engine slapped on the back isn't worth that. Again, Bennington is not the only one doing this, I'm not singling them out. It's just all part of the everything bubble we're in.

lakeliving

Reaction score
And the price increases are keeping buyers from upgrading every couple years like we used to. That has shown drastically compared to 2012-2016 based on what I’ve seen here. If I didn’t have to come up with an extra 20-25k to replace my same boat I’d have another. Until then, I’ll wait.

Carlson80

Reaction score
With all this said the market value of used has been following, in our area many (even before Covid) can trade at less money then one would think every 3 years. It's not just new MSRP that is going up it's also the used value.

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
The price increases are the reason I am spending my money on all new vinyl this winter on the RCW25. Yes, it is 12 years old but I went on boat builder and almost the same boat is twice the MSRP that our boat listed for in 2008.

Bill N

Reaction score
It's not just the pontoon or boat industry. Should half ton gas pickups be $60K?

the point in my previous reply was that while MSRP has gone up, I assume dealer costs have as well. I seriously doubt that margin percentages increased.

Benny24

Reaction score
I just ordered a QX25 with a 400 Mercury Verado in Minnesota, the build price showed 167K. I paid 28% less. I was happy as most dealers were only giving 10-15% off do to the Carona.

Vikingstaff

Reaction score
Sounds like you’ve ordered one heck of a boat Benny24. I hope you bless us all with pictures when you eventually get it. I’d say that’s really livin‘ the dream.