New Bennington Owner Very Sad to See Summer End!

Rick from Rocky Mount

Reaction score
After just spending our 20th summer with our 1st boat (98 Bayliner Rendezvous-many of you may have never seen one), we finally bit the bullet and ponied up for our first new Bennington, after looking and dreaming of owning one for the last 4-5 years! What an upgrade!! It's a beautiful 2018 25 QCW I/O, with Volvo Penta V8 300 DP, Midnight Black, Champagne Accent, Sandstone interior with Carbon Accents, Seagrass flooring and Lake of the Ozarks rough water edition. We've had a wonderful 2 1/2 weeks with our new baby and are very sad to see the leaves start to change. Cannot wait until next summer, and look forward to our next 15-20 years with our new boat! Love the Club Bennington website and look forward conversing with y'all.

Welcome aboard! Got any pics? They are mandatory you know??:D Sounds like you got a beauty!

Welcome and that's sounds like a beautiful boat. Congrats.

You won't regret your decision to get a Bennington. Sounds like a great boat. Can't wait to see pictures.

Welcome Rick, You know a Keith Crone , He Has been on that lake for decades. Send Pics:)

Welcome and pics.

It's going to be a long winter, trust me...

Congratulations on such a fabulous boat! Gotta see some pic's when you can. We are first time boat owners this year, and putting ours away two weeks ago for the winter was rough.

As they say..."Winter's Coming". However, to Bennington owners that has a whole different meaning! :D

Congratulations on such a fabulous boat! Gotta see some pic's when you can. We are first time boat owners this year, and putting ours away two weeks ago for the winter was rough.

As they say..."Winter's Coming". However, to Bennington owners that has a whole different meaning! :D

Wow! You put your boat away already?!? Going out tomorrow........

I agree Big K, we're headed out too. Water might be cool but after three days of Irmas remnants it's gonna be 80s for a week or so.

Not by choice. Our water level is lowered in August, so by mid-August to Labor Day it becomes impossible to get the boat off the lift. :eek:

And that is with 68' of dock. I'd have to go out about 180'-220' to have the depth I need by this point in the year. It stinks! :(

Our lake is getting low as well. Everything comes out in two weeks.

80's this weekend in Pa. woot woot!!! It will be ending soon though. Water levels ok, but once it becomes sweatshirt weather, Panthergirl bails ....... she's a fair weather boater ... :D

Congrats to the new boat. Sounds like it was quite a step up from the old Bayliner. This boat will be easier to get in and out of! Do you have any performance packages or just two toons? Welcome aboard.

Here are some pics of our boat from the show room. Also some pics from our first two weekends with some great old college friends, and daughter and son with respective significant others. I think we have christened the new boat nicely.

BTW, looking at the pics from the show room, the name of the new boat is NOT "Please Remove Your Shoes." Being a obstetrician we're thinking of going with "Elective Sea-Section." What do y'all think? Any other suggestions?

Also,IMG_0579.PNGIMG_0554.JPGIMG_0534.PNGIMG_0533.PNGIMG_0530.PNG

Welcome Rick, You know a Keith Crone , He Has been on that lake for decades. Send Pics:)
Don't know Keith. And we've been on it 20 years now. It's a BIG lake!!

Congrats to the new boat. Sounds like it was quite a step up from the old Bayliner. This boat will be easier to get in and out of! Do you have any performance packages or just two toons? Welcome aboard.
ESP package with wavetamer option. Handles the rough water on the weekends at the Lake of the Ozarks extremely well!

Good play on words for the name...I like it!

Wow! You put your boat away already?!? Going out tomorrow........

Right! I'm doing a sunset cruise this evening, and then taking some family out, tomorrow for an all day excursion.

80's this weekend in Pa. woot woot!!! It will be ending soon though. Water levels ok, but once it becomes sweatshirt weather, Panthergirl bails ....... she's a fair weather boater ... :D

Ha! My wife loves to boat until the water gets too cold to swim. We got in the water today to clean the tubes and the outdrive and it was pretty chilly at first! Supposed to be in the 80's all next week so hopefully it'll warm up a bit! Absolutely beautiful day on Lake Norman! Water was like glass and we took a ride down to see Carl and Suzie.....

Back