New Boat ordered 2275 GCW

dclapp

Reaction score
Just ordered my boat today from Sheltered Cove in Tuckerton NJ. I opted for the 2275 GCW w/150 Yamaha and 32" Ellipticals. I have been lurking on this forum for days and it has been a wealth of info. Does anyone know what the stock radio is for this boat? Crutchfield has a really cool sony marine head unit that has a fold down front to store and plug in your iPhone/Ipod. $199. I am hoping it will hook up to the wires that come with the stock boat.

Should be a september delivery so just in time for a quick ride and then winter storage.

Thanks again for all the great info on the board!!

Dave Clapp

Congrats on the new toon! Where are you in NJ? We moved to NC from Jackson. Got tired of the taxes. :angry: Where are you going to boat? I think most of the new radios will work with the iphone/ipod.

Last edited by a moderator:
According to the website GCW build a boat: Sony GT Series CD/MP3

Congrats on the new toon! Where are you in NJ? We moved to NC from Jackson. Got tired of the taxes. :angry: Where are you going to boat? I think most of the new radios will work with the iphone/ipod.

We are in Point Pleasant and will be Tooning on the Manasquan River. I hear ya on the taxes!!

We are in Point Pleasant and will be Tooning on the Manasquan River. I hear ya on the taxes!!
Ex-wife is in Brielle (I was there for 12 years) kids are EMT's in brick. Small world. I worked at Brielle Marine Basin in the 80's.

The Sony radio that came with my 2012 GCW works with my Ipod. However, it 'takes over' the control of the Ipod and the functionality on the radio is not that great. It's easier to plug in the AUX on the front of the radio using the headphone connection on the Ipod. You can use the Ipod as usual and listen to it over the radio system.

Although you may find it hard to believe, some passengers get tired of listening to my Prince music. Therefore, using the AUX may allow other devices that someone else might bring can connect as well.

The Sony radio that came with my 2012 GCW works with my Ipod. However, it 'takes over' the control of the Ipod and the functionality on the radio is not that great. It's easier to plug in the AUX on the front of the radio using the headphone connection on the Ipod. You can use the Ipod as usual and listen to it over the radio system.

Although you may find it hard to believe, some passengers get tired of listening to my Prince music. Therefore, using the AUX may allow other devices that someone else might bring can connect as well.
Prince, now there's some good 80's music !!!

Just to add my $.02, Had an older Sony radio remote control that works with the Sony GT series radio that is in our 2012 Bennington 22SSI! The New Sony GT radios are remote ready.

RiverBill

Did you read your manual? Mine, when I plug in the ipod, the controls go to the stereo, BUT, I read in the manual that if you hold down the 'mode' button, you can use your ipod controls.

Derrick

Back