New boat ordered

Kylevidrine

Reaction score
My boat was ordered 3 weeks ago. The dealer told me there was a 6 delivery time frame. Wondering if the factory can reply to this post and let me know if there is a possibility it will ship sooner. Very anxious. Ordered from jerry marine in sulphur la

I got my build date from my dealer ,it was a few days early .

Congrats and enjoy the new boat!

Jack

Production scheduling at any marine manufacturer is very complicated.  Obviously, they don't build every length boat every day in every trim level. 

And not every dealer gets the same build dates vs. when their orders are processed.  Many are allocated certain build dates due to high sales volumes.  Custom ordered boats would usually take precedent over dealer stock orders.  The whole thing is that Bennington is trying to build boats 360 days per year, and keep their order bank full.

I don't know if they're going to produce in 6 weeks.  I would think sometimes they do, and sometimes it's a little longer.  It's often a crap shoot.  At least this time of the year, most people are not boating--and in that big of a hurry.  I'm sure you'll be a very satisfied owner.

I ordered on 12/21/13 .Just being built now .

Part of the delay were the weather issues around  Christmas and New Years.

Part was me ,changing from the Express package to the SPS 

Back