New Boat Owner - Boat Lift Questions

RonT

Reaction score
Just bought a 25QXFB with a 300 HP Yamaha and can't wait to use it. Now I am shopping for a boat lift. If possible, I would like to keep the Bimini up when I enter the boat lift, but don't mind lowering it once under the canopy and before raising the boat. Would appreciate hearing from members if there is a boat lift and canopy combination available to accommodate that requirement either (a) within their standard post height or (b) available taller posts? If yes, what brand, Nucraft (Craftlander), Max, or other would you recommend that offers this solution? If my requirement is accommodated with taller-than-standard canopy posts, do I need to worry about the boat getting wet if its not raised sufficiently or is there a way around that? I am in Oakland County, MI. Thanks!

I dont have one but FLOE makes lifts with canopies that lift up for boats with towers (wake boats). I have seen them all over MN and look to be a great option, although the price I'm sure is up there...

Just reinstalled boat lift and canopy due to loss when hurricane Ian barreled through. Six new piling, 16,000 lb boat lift, new electrical and 30 foot Veranda canopy. Added 4’ riser to the canopy to house 25 QXSB. The boat lift and canopy were from 2 separate vendors that accommodate SWFL. Very expensive to Install especially at this time. It will block the majority of the sunlight and rain but not 100%. You would almost have to “house” it in some form or fashion. Good luck

Welcome Ron and fellow Michigander!

I’ve got a FLOE lift that was tall enough to accommodate a tower, but because it was so high, I had it cut down for better coverage from the elements. That said, I can still load the boat with my bimini in the “radar” position, although my anchor light needs to be horizontal.

So, to answer your question, yes you can. As to whether it’s ultimately the best option, that’s up to you.

Back