New Boat

mtudb24

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm coming off 11 years with owing a 25' Offshore center console and moving into a more family friendly boat for the kids.

Just ordered a new 2011 Bennington 2275RCW. Went with the 2 32" elliptical tubes, lifting strakes,underwaeter splash shield, rough water package, dual batteries with switch, fuel water seperator, underwater LED lights, elevated helm, color gps, LED cupholder lights, R limited amenity package (includes stainless steel rubrail, bimini top LED lights, and upgraded speakers), and ski pylon.

Went with Merlot as main color with Sand Palm flooing, and Java soft touch vinyls. Motor is 150hp Merc Opti-Max with hyd steering.

This will be my first pontoon boat. Always had mono hull center consoles or walkarounds. My dad had pontoons when I was a kid. These things sure don't remind me anything of those boats back in the 70's!!!!

Supposed to be here sometime in June.

Going to be a long couple of months.

I will be looking for advice from others. Couldn't find much on the 32" elliptical pontoons on the internet. Salesman said this was the first one he has sold with the 32's. Most are either base 25's or ESP package. Saw a performance report on Bennington's website that showed a 2274GLi with the 32" logs with a 150hp Yamaha 4 strroke that an 40.9mph with 2 people aboard. Not sure how accurate that is, but that would be impressive if true

Thanks

Todd

Congrats and welcome. Sounds like a great boat. Keep us posted.

Hi All

I'm coming off 11 years with owing a 25' Offshore center console and moving into a more family friendly boat for the kids.

Just ordered a new 2011 Bennington 2275RCW. Went with the 2 32" elliptical tubes, lifting strakes,underwaeter splash shield, rough water package, dual batteries with switch, fuel water seperator, underwater LED lights, elevated helm, color gps, LED cupholder lights, R limited amenity package (includes stainless steel rubrail, bimini top LED lights, and upgraded speakers), and ski pylon.

Went with Merlot as main color with Sand Palm flooing, and Java soft touch vinyls. Motor is 150hp Merc Opti-Max with hyd steering.

This will be my first pontoon boat. Always had mono hull center consoles or walkarounds. My dad had pontoons when I was a kid. These things sure don't remind me anything of those boats back in the 70's!!!!

I will be looking for advice from others. Couldn't find much on the 32" elliptical pontoons on the internet. Salesman said this was the first one he has sold with the 32's. Most are either base 25's or ESP package. Saw a performance report on Bennington's website that showed a 2274GLi with the 32" logs with a 150hp Yamaha 4 strroke that an 40.9mph with 2 people aboard. Not sure how accurate that is, but that would be impressive if true

Thanks

Todd

Hi All

Thanks

Todd
congrats on the new Bennington sounds like a nice package

Ron

Congrats and welcome to the world of like minded boaters. At least like minded enough to purchase the same brand of boat.

Sounds like a great boat .. I own a 2009 2275Rli with ESP and 150 Yamaha .. Top Speed about 37 .. handles fantastic .. cuts through chop and corners beautifully and is a beauty ... If the twin elipticals work half as well, you'll be happy.

Hi mtudb24 and welcome. I have a 2010 2275 with the 32" elliptical pontoons and a 90hp Yamaha. Do not have lifting strakes or underskining. I don't have any other experience but I like what I have with the ellipticals.

Yesterday I was able to go 22mph (on gps) at 5600rpm. There was very minimal wind, about 82F and had two people (about 280 pounds), about 120 pounds of fuel, about 100 pound of other stuff, and my 18 pound dog on board.

With your setup and size motor, I think you will probably get high 30's to low 40's pretty easy.

(As long as you keep considering the cost of gas "easy") :( When we just putter around doing around 10-12 mph, we actually use very little fuel.

Thanks everyone. I changed my order to goto the Mercury optimax 150 pro xs. A bit more hp and torque. Hopefully wil give the extra oomph to hit the 40mph mark. Im really curious to see the underwater lighting in person. I tried googling it and can't find any pics of a bennington with it.

Will post pics and keep everyone updated on the build progress

My Wellcraft had a 150 gallon furl tank and at best cruise I was getting under 2 miles per gallon. So anything this pontoon will do will easily beat what I have now. Plus ill be able to bring 5 gallon cans to dock to fill up. Tough to do that with a 150 gallon tank!

Todd

Hi All

Thanks

Todd
I have a 2575RLCi with an etec 150HP that the dealer claims to have hit 41mph. Because of weather I have not been able to see first hand. With your setup breaking 40mph will be easy.

Back