New Boater with a used boat

Bus

Reaction score
Hello all. My name is Bus, and I purchaced a 2005 2275FSi with a 90hp 2stroke yamaha. I live near Fort Smith Ar. I got the boat in april and have been enjoying it with my family and grandparents every minute I can. I thought I already started a "hi im the noob, look at me" thread. But I guess I just regestered and did a bunch of reading and searching as this is my first big boat. Other boat was a 16ft flat bottom, so its a big difference for me.

Got the boat as a repo fixer upper. It needs new upolstery as the burganday insets of the seats are all torn, but I got a good deal on it and with a little work it will be good.

Here is a pic of the boat the day we picked it up in Lewisville Tx, 4 in drop hitch makes it look like its squatting the ol Towpig alot.

After a quick pull out from Redneck Heaven (tis better than Hooters by a long shot!).

I would probably pick up 3mpg if I would clean the bed of my truck out, haha.

That is the inside of the rim by the way, whos got trailering skills.... Thank god for Walmart selling everything as a quick trip and a 100 bucks we were back on our way home.

So far the boat has been great. I have cleaned up/fixed a few things, but still like a long way to go. The only issue I have had so far is I keep dragging my prop and I have tore it up today. The river/creek (AR River/Lee Creek) that we are enjoying the most seems to have alot of hidden "treasures" just under the water.

Now with my newly torn prop, I have searched alot and am just as confused. My prop currently has 6E5 Y-2 15k marked on it. I semi understand its tribal etchings, and have found replacements online. But is this the best prop for me? It tops out around 21mph in a headwind with 3 adults and the top up (woops on my part :) ). We only use it to pretend to fish and cruise. What about a protector for the river, or are they not needed? I dont really see us doing any tubing or trying to ski.

Thanks to those who read it all, as im sure I lost a few of you who just skipped to the end and welcomed me anyways or laughed at my funny typings....

Great pics, great adventures to tell already!! Do they make the protectors for motors as big as the 90? My first boat was a Yamaha 90 4 stroke, we got about 22-24mph on our 2075 GLi. So I don't think you're doing too bad as far as prop is concerned. As for "Tearing it up" out there, do you have a depth/GPS unit on the beauty? If not, I would consider investing in that, and maybe a spare prop just in case! Welcome aboard, and yes I read the whole post! :D

I also read the whole post and it does sound like an adventure. Welcome to the party. You might want to look up "Prop Guard". I know some people use them on another forum.

Welcome to the family !! You got a pic so you are safe there !!! LOL !!

Sounds like crazy adventures already ... Just call it "Making Memories" as that's what your Benni will do for you !!!

Toon in for our next adventure .... LOL !!!!!

Welcome! Enjoy the new boat!

Back