New kicker lighted speakers

mtudb24

Reaction score
I know there has been lots of talk on the forums on this topic. But the new speakers from kicker that have the led light already in them, do they have more more wires then just the standard 2 that connect to speakers for polarity? For example, my 2011 rcw has the kicker upgrade (before speakers lights were ever available) but I have all the factory blue led lights (Bimini, underwater, side perimeter, cup holders). Do these new kickers plug and play with factory wiring? For example, are marine connectors from the harness to the speaker common? Or are they just spade style that slip on? Are there more then 2 wires that are currently attached to my kicker speakers to the new led ones? I assume you have to have 2 more wires for power and ground? Or am I wrong about that? I know speaker rings would be cheaper and it was cost me $900 bucks to run all 6 new speakers (seems a set price at $149 each no matter where you buy them)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Todd

Last edited by a moderator:
My understanding is that 12V power connections are needed for the LEDs on each speaker. I dug around a little for pics of the backs of the speakers, or even a user manual but no hits. I would doubt that even your existing wiring harness would have the needed power connections in place, but it might be worth a peek, or a call into Bennington customer service. If you have cupholder leds near the speakers, it should be easy to tap into their power feeds. I am looking at running wires into the under seat areas on my 2275RL, and it's looking like I may need to drill through the deck. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jim. If looked into it.

Todd

Nice, rather than putting a speaker ring on the outside, they put it on the inside. Looks great, I wonder how the speaker sounds?

Back