New L series build questions and advice.

My old boat was an '05 2575rfs and it was a cherry when I bought it used in 2013...still a cherry when I sold it this spring. The vinyl still looked nearly 100% new, due to constant attention and careful treatment by my guests. I just don't like the new Simtex feel on the boats they have on the lot. I probably would get over this pretty quickly, most owners seem to like it. I'm surprised they don't offer a choice of upholstery, heck they option everything else to the hilt.

Oh…the Simtex is SOOOOO much nicer than the old marine vinyl. More comfy to sit and lay on. For us, fairly easy to keep clean and nice. Hopefully you’ll enjoy it more once you have it. Is it something in particular about it that you don’t like, or just concerns about keeping it in good shape over time? I believe it is supposed to hold up better over time, but I guess time will tell on it. This will be our 6th season with it, and it looks pretty darn new on our boat.

Its hard to look at boats on the lot, when most of them are pre-ordered and still shrink wrapped til warmer weather, and they have no boats in the showrooms either. I so wish that I had gone to a boat show for better knowledge. I know the Simtex is popular and that should tell me all I need to know. Thanks for that review and advice.

Its hard to look at boats on the lot, when most of them are pre-ordered and still shrink wrapped til warmer weather, and they have no boats in the showrooms either. I so wish that I had gone to a boat show for better knowledge. I know the Simtex is popular and that should tell me all I need to know. Thanks for that review and advice.
I can only imagine the challenges of trying to buy a boat right now for the reasons you’ve mentioned here and a couple other of your posts/replies. Yikes!

I can appreciate the problem of not being able to really “get on and test and get a feel” for the furnture, layout, options, etc… It hadn’t occurred to me until your post here. We did SO much of that on multiple trips to narrow things down that I cannot even imagine buying one with the limitations you face.

I’ll keep sending positive vibes your way as you and others go through this process. I hope the righ boat, used or new, comes available for you. Hang in there!!!

The lighter silver has a lot of dirty,darker spots already.I guess they were not to careful when it was put together or the final assembly at the dealer I guess.I have been known to kill a few mosquitoes and spiders with the whip of a towel or rag so I will have to be extra careful now.
We had a few of those at the end our first season - a quick pressurewash on low with a dewalt pressure washer (I could spray my feet endlessly without pain or peeling away skin) - my seat were like new and the grime that came out of the floor - yuck. Instructions say NO to pressurewash - but the power of this battery version on low is more like a strong hose spray, but the fine mist I think is the secret to the cleaning.

Well things have changed suddenly for us. I was looking at both bennington and barletta, godfrey and harris, to order or find one used...strongly leaning to bennington. I happened to open up Boat Trader early the other day and found a new Barletta available at the dealer that someone had ordered in December and changed their minds soooo...... I've put the money down on it and taking delivery in a couple of weeks. I'd like to thank each and every member on this forum who've so freely offered advice and experiences to me over the past few months to help me in my process of gaining a tritoon. To be honest, I feel kinda guilty for going with a different maker, but I'm getting a 2021 boat brand new at 2021 prices, so the savings was an important factor...and several makers are already informing that boats ordered now will be subject to an increase. You folks are great, and I think I'll remain a member and remain tapped into all the knowledge and good will this group offers. Happy Boating!

Well, we won’t discuss your boat here, but you are still welcome to hang with the cool crowd. There’s others on here with different brands. You can still learn some universal tips and tricks.

Back