Separate names with a comma.
An official club forum for Bennington boats
Discussion in 'Midwest U.S.' started by runtpacket, Jun 18, 2019.
Christmas in July!!
Speed limit is 75 on i69 in Michigan and no ones does under 85. But coming home I'm planning to take it easy with my baby on board Michigan amazes me you can drive for 10 hours and still be in state. Head the other way and your in Georgia in 10 hours.
I can't wait to unwrap this present.
Congratulations! It looks great. You’re going to have a great time with it for many years to come.
Congratulations ! My 2017 20SLMXP has 25" toons / lifting strakes / 90 command thrust HP and handles waves and large boat wakes great on the Ottawa River. You will enjoy!
Congrats, looks great -- enjoy!
Long day. Woke up too excited to sleep at 3:50 am, left the house at 7:45 am, got to the dealer at 11:45 am they said boats not ready and service guys are at lunch. So I went to eat. About 15 minutes later I get the call from the salesman that we had a miss communication and they had moved the the boat to grand rapids so I didn't have to drive to muskegon. So I turned around and drove back to grand rapids (which I passed on the way). It was 5:40PM when I got to the boat launch.
We got 1.8 hours logged on break in so far
I have this massive 800 song play list I listen to. When I got to the dealership in grand rapids Sailing away by styx came on. I though damn that's a neat coincidence. When I go to the street for my boat launch "Boats and Hoes" from step brothers started playing. Lol Kismet!
Over all great experience. Couple of downsides.
1. The Snap on the strap for the privacy closure came off when I opened it up. I have the tool to fix no biggie.
2. The dealer shorted me the movable cup holder. Need to contact him about that.
3. One of the S's on the boat was hanging down when I stopped for gas. I pressed it back on.
4. I filled the tank, the pump clicked off, I tried one more time to make sure it was full. Gauge is showing 3/4 Full. Need to check and see if it's really full, venting issue etc.
5. Gas Mileage towing. LOL. 8MPG
Things I need to do.
1. Move Battery closer to port side (more room for portipotti).
2. Install the lock plate for the portipotti
3. Have the Boat decal installed (Friday)
4. spend all day finishing my break in.
5. Organize gear
1. I used to love my old 85 HP Johnson 2-stroke. Now that I have a 4-stroke what in the heck was I thinking.
2. Hydraulic Steering is awesome.
3. Tritoons rock. Love the ride considering I haven't hot rodded it yet.
4. I need to learn to dock this. It's totally different then my old boat.
5. Simtex is amazing.
6. Never again will I trailer on a crank up. My old one was tippy. This Bunk trailer was rock solid. Other then gas mileage I could barely tell it was behind me.
7. Surge brakes are nice.
8. Ladder on trailer. OMG how did I survive with out one.
9. tilt/trim switch on the motor. will make service a breeze.
10. I wanted a Yamaha ended up with a Suzuki. Man the blue flecks and how it sparkles. Its so damn sexy.
It is a great day when you pick up a new Bennington! Enjoy every minute of it.....Great Boat.....
runtpacket, she's a beauty! Thanks for the rundown on your experience as well as the pictures. You definitely have a nice area to enjoy her.
Awesome write up Runtpacket! Great pictures of the boat as well. Here’s too whittling down that Downside and Things to Do List, as you increase you “Man, this is awesome” list.
Congrats on getting it home! Bummer on the extra drive but luckily it wasn't too far of a detour. Looks great too!
Break in on the motor is over. That also means I'm half way to 20 hour service. All my shore list has been completed.
Got docking down better with her today. Also took her out on the St Clair river. 34.81 MPH against the current with my wife and I on board. Pretty impressed.
I’m glad you’re enjoying her!
Make sure you get your cup holder (did you check for it under all of the seats?)!
That Suzuki engine is no slouch. I am a life-long Yamaha fan, but I would certainly be happy if the engine on my stern was a Suzuki as well.
Boat on in safety and in health!
Dealer is shipping the cup holders.
Traveled over the Blue Water Bridge Saturday afternoon. Saw probably a dozen pontoons heading for the Lake. Enjoy the new ride. +1 on Michigan highways. Set the cruise at 80 and get passed. Going thru Detroit with a boat is always an experience.
Next Unread Topic