New owner: Bow anchor question

Unishot

Reaction score
Greetings all!

I picked up my new-to-me 2577 RFI last week. The trailer winch attaches to a metal eye underneath the bow about 18" or so back from the front of the boat. (There is no extended front deck outside the railings....). This appears to be the only place for me to attach an anchor rode when attempting to anchor from the bow. The problem is that it is difficult to reach it from the deck of the boat. One would have to open the front gate and reach back underneath to attach and tie off an anchor line. What is the best way to make this an easy task?

Thanks for taking the time to enlighten me. Just looking for a way easily drop anchor / tie off / retrieve anchor. There are two docking cleats at the rear corners, but I would prefer to anchor from the bow.

What about the eyes on the front of the tubes?

No cleats on either side? Wow! If the answer to that is no, then it would be an easy and inexpensive task, and a very positive addition to your vessel. You should add one at all four corners. You always need those for docking along the way.

I would agree with Randy. Add cleats on both corners.

Without any front cleats, how do you tie off the front end now when alongside a dock -- to the railing? I agree, even if you don't have much room hopefully you can fit in cleats.

Do you have a pic of your boat?

Aren't there also two cleats (one on either side) at the front? What year is the boat? All three of mine did. None of mine had the extended front deck and all of them the toon eye were easily accessible. Sure you had to step out on the 6-8" front, but easy enough to do

Sorry, should have read the previous post!!

Aren't there also two cleats (one on either side) at the front? What year is the boat? All three of mine did. None of mine had the extended front deck and all of them the toon eye were easily accessible. Sure you had to step out on the 6-8" front, but easy enough to do

Sorry, should have read the previous post!!

There are two very small eyes at deck level. Just above the toons. One is about 1/2 way back and the other is about 3/4 the way back. (From the bow). My understanding is that they are for mooring. I don't trust them enough to hold an anchor, however. I would sure hate have to use the cleats at the two stern corners. The bow corners are a rather large radius, and cleats wouldn't look very good there. They would probably have to go on the side of the boat, which probably wouldn't look very good either. That being said, it will probably be just as easy to reach the eyes on the toons.
And that isn't easy. You basically have to bend all the way over the railings and And reach all the way to the deck level to tie off.

I’m guessing it’s an older model, designed like this?

7B77CAFF-F70D-436F-B90E-38D080B4D622.jpeg

If those hooks on side are strong enough for mooring it should be good for anchoring.

Do you have 2 or 3 tubes?

2 big elliptical tubes.
I'm thinking Siri of getting a link of chain with snap hooks/carabiners at each end. I could attach it to the eye under the deck at the front. This allows me to pull the chain out, run the anchor rode through one of the snap hooks, and would be able to tie it off easily on top of the deck and then when we're not anchoring, just hook both of the snap hooks to the eye under the deck. My concern would be having the chain banging around while we are underway.

There's got to be a better way to do this, which is why I have raised the question here. Reaching all the way over the railing to the eye on the toon or one of the morning eyes on the side is extremely difficult.

I added a cleat specifically for anchoring on the starboard side of the bow. Easy installation from under the deck. It's easily accessed from the front gate when open.

Like Spoiledrotten said add cleats on all 4 corners. It would make it so much easier for you......

Have you considered an Electric Anchor ?

Slide Anchors website has two accessories that may help, Danik hook and quick cleat. I have not used them myself.

Slide Anchors website has two accessories that may help, Danik hook and quick cleat. I have not used them myself.

Funny, I was going to actually mention the Danik hook as a quick way to attach the anchor too!
Screenshot_20180322-052538.png

Back