New Owner - Double Bimini Tips?

TinGrins

Reaction score
I am an owner of a 2018 21slx tritoon with a double Bimini. Attempted to put both bimini’s up yesterday - as I was zippering both together, I noticed the seam was separating on the front Bimini. I contacted the dealer and a replacement is in the works.

It seems like this is something that can happen repeatedly - a great deal of tension was needed to align and zip the two tops...likely contributed to seam separation.

Can anyone offer some tips on how to zip together both biminis to potentially avoid this problem? Thanks!BCF984A5-3D78-4999-B0B5-F93E04A26BBC.jpeg

I don't have a double but I would assume you would raise and secure the rear bimini, zip the front to it and then secure the front legs.

We had the same issue. We ended up adjusting the front Bimini “up” a little. Basically where the black knobs are on each side...loosen both and see if you can get a few inches of play that allows the front bim to sit a little further back. It gave us enough room to zip it together. But there is still tension, a lot of it. Normally you should never have to loosen those knobs unless you are lowering into trailering position.

Welcome Tingrins! She looks like a beautiful boat!

First, open and secure the rear Bimini as you would normally do. Then, pull the pins from the front arms and tilt the front Bimini back towards the rear Bimini. Next, zipper the two together (under no stress to the zipper or seams), then move the arms forward and re-secure in place. As Bill W said, you might have to adjust the height of the arms, but this is a one time set up. Once all the arms (front and rear Biminis) are adjusted properly then you are good to go whether or not you are putting up one Bimini or both.

First, open and secure the rear Bimini as you would normally do. Then, pull the pins from the front arms and tilt the front Bimini back towards the rear Bimini. Next, zipper the two together (under no stress to the zipper or seams), then move the arms forward and re-secure in place. As Bill W said, you might have to adjust the height of the arms, but this is a one time set up. Once all the arms (front and rear Biminis) are adjusted properly then you are good to go whether or not you are putting up one Bimini or both.
Absolutely correct, GWLK!

What GWLK said is exactly how we do ours as well. Sometimes you only have to release one front arm to get the zipper started and then fully zipped.

I don't have a double but I would assume you would raise and secure the rear bimini, zip the front to it and then secure the front legs.
EXACTLY CORRECT!

Back