New Owner - Hello to all.

Nice. That is what I will be curious seeing. Once you add some weight how it does.

congrats and welcome as well!!!! good performance numbers. I have a 22sl with 2 tubes and strakes. yamaha 115 with 13.5x15 talon aluminum prop. 1/2 tank of fuel, 1 person is 35mph on gps. 2 people, 34 mph per gps. going to be testing a few additional props this spring just for giggles. I have a pretty good relationship with my dealer. I test then provide the info for them.

What rpms are you getting Dano? Should I be at 6000 or 6300 with this new Yamaha? I've read a few different opinions on the forum. Also, if I went to a 15 pitch to get more RPMs, wouldn't this likely lower my top speed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, should have added that, I am between 6000/6100 rpm.

Should I be happy with my Rpms just under 6000? It runs great and I am happy with the package. I just don't want to leave anything on the table. Boat seems to have plenty out of the hole with the 17 pitch prop. 35 mph is steady. Do you think a 15 pitch would gain me top speed?

It might.  Props are trial and error.  If the dealer will loan you one, try it. 

I agree.  testing on your pontoon is about the best way to tell.

Put a few hours on the boat and see what happens.  Ours seemed to loosen up a bit after the 10-15 hour mark and would turn right at 6K with ease and a speed of just a tick under 40 (according to the gps).   Plenty fast for us as we normally channel cruise or just putt putt around the lake with friends.

Will. Do. We are more than happy with the performance. Especially when we cruise the channels.

Wow...35-36 sounds strong! That's certainly enough to do anything you want.

Back