New Owner here...thanks...Will be the only owner around that I know of?

Hope all is well. Sorry in advance if a bit long winded... note on what we bought and how we got here....Took my wife and I some time to configure+choose options but we placed our final order and the new boat will be delivered in May.... already at dealer. We went with a QCW 2575 and powered with a Outboard Yami f300...(will this boat break 47mph?) Sport Tower, most options, teak, etc... I am located in the northeast...(Newport RI). Went with Smokey Granite and the new off white/grey color interior. No graphics, black Bimini cover etc...sport tower straight up finish (NOT painted).

It is our first boat, and just completed a 2 month long (40hrs) boating course put on by coast guard auxil. I have been on the water/ocean a long time but always with PWCs and have a Seadoo RXT (with Riva stage one of course, runs 69.xmph+ on gps:)) but wanted to know a lot more about boating; 1st for the safety of my family and guest(s) I have out + others on the water but also to respect the activity, be able to help others if needed.. etc...

I am sure many in my area will not know what my Bennington even is around here especially at my Marina... and may even raise some eyebrows as such a boat in this region/location is not the norm......(we will see how it is recieved) Surrounded by Hinckleys http://www.hinckleyyachts.com, Truenorths http://www.tnyachts.com/, MJM http://www.mjmyachts.com/, Vikings and others... We are excited to get into boating and looking forward to making memories with our son, family, friends etc.... We wanted a boat that was safe, had room for guests, sporty, could do some water sports, had some speed, comfortable and could do a lot of entertaining on and drop a fishing line with my son as well....

We never thought a toon was possible in this area so never gave it an ounce of consideration but always joked how fun would it be to have one with the idea just not possible based on our location/conditions/etc... We attended the boat show as we do every year and although owned a boat slip we bought a few years back we didn't have a boat...... We were considering some very different boats then this thats for sure, some of the makers mentioned above and what one would typically see in this area/Newport RI. When I stepped onto the boat at the show I was impressed.... I am a car guy...and loved the Bentley inspired diamond stitch pattern on the seats... amongst other things...but still wasn't sure what I was stepping onto as I was never on a toon before and had not a clue whom bennington even was... I chuckeld and asked the dealer at the show if the boat could break 25mph in some chop out in the bay... he chuckled back and said... "get on and lets see".... (believe it was a r25 with a yami F250) Well he brought me out and I was blown away......We left the show with a deposit down and a plan to research the hell out of this boat to make sure this was a legit boat that could work in this area........ Anyway what I learned over the next few months made me feel I picked the right boat (although not the norm) for what we want, our needs, the maker in this case bennington with its good reputation etc... Hope it can handle the area conditions and plan to watch weather etc.... By no means plan to go on epic distant rides out to sea, we are not big fishing people (althought want to drop a line with my son no doubt!) but even close by the weather/conditions can change fast. (those in this area sure know what I am referring to)

I will post up pics once I take delivery... Hope I didn't miss out on any options I regret not getting (although didnt leave many out, more comfort things like passed on fridge etc) or seating config changes.... I look forward to being part of the club and sharing our experiences with other owners here.... wish me luck as the owner of this beast in Newport!!!!

thanks
Congrats... We are picking up our Q 25 on Wed.. doing a walk thru on sat... we also ordered ours at the LA boat show, Went with a slew of options, inculding the 8.2 (502 ci) with the bravo 3... suppose to do 58, also did the alum look tower, we also added the front bemine .. not sure what it is going to look like, but wanted to get some shade in the front on those hot summer days.. will post some pics after delvery

58?????? Wow didn't think any motor option got this speed on a Q. Congrats, sounds like a great boat!!!

Congrats... We are picking up our Q 25 on Wed.. doing a walk thru on sat... we also ordered ours at the LA boat show, Went with a slew of options, inculding the 8.2 (502 ci) with the bravo 3... suppose to do 58, also did the alum look tower, we also added the front bemine .. not sure what it is going to look like, but wanted to get some shade in the front on those hot summer days.. will post some pics after delvery

Back