New owner

rczzh

Reaction score
Hello, My family and I will soon be the proud owners of a Bennington 22' SSLX. YEAH! we are very excited. Ok so the question we have now is did we get the right motor? We ordered a 90 hp Mercruiser. We will be pulling tubes. Pontoon will have just 2 toons. We have no idea how fast this will go or if we will be able to give the, thrill seeking kids, the ride they are used too from our old 16' Glassport ski boat. Should we get the 115hp motor or stick to what we ordered? Is it really that much difference? Need to know fast so we can change our order? Thanks so much.                    

The Howard family

Know it is not what you want to hear rczzh but I think you need to upgrade.  Many on here are happy with smaller motors but it is usually because it is based on what fits their needs.  Once you said "thrill seeking kids" I think you need to go bigger HP.  The SSLX max horsepower for standard toons is 115.  You would have to upgrade to the ellipticals and then get the 150hp.  Once you did that I would expect you would do upper 30's mph and be able to give those kids quite a ride.  I also only have regular toons but have been on the ellipticals, they do add to the comfort of the ride quite a bit better

rczzh

Welcome To The Bennington Family

"If you got the need for speed"

Bigger is always Better

Noone here ever says I wish I got the smaller motor

You should give more details

Size of Lake or site of pontoon river 

I bought a 2014 SL21 for a small private lake 

Idea is just to cruise 6-8 adults

The motor is a T60 Yamaha 

I like you have not tried pontoon but am 95% sure I will upgrade to Yamaha 90 before taking possession of pontoon May 1st

Dealer is allowing test drive for me to determine which is best on pick up of boat

89832097.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in total agreement with my forum friends. Sorry to say there will be no thrilling rides with a 90hp.

Also welcome to the forum.

I'm just gonna be an echo echo echo echo

Get the biggest motor that will fit...

We had a 2013 22sslx with lifting strakes and a 115 yamaha. Sold it after three months to get something better suited for water sports. The 115 dies quick when adding any weight.

We have a 2013 20 ssix custom 2 toon no strakes and a 90hp, We are trading it in. We have another new one on order. it has a 150hp and SPS.. All I can say is I agree with all the rest,

Back