New purchase

Jenks

Reaction score
Just ordered a 2017  21 SLXP with sps and Yamaha 150. Here's the build: regatta blue panels with champagne accent, sandstone interior pillow top diamond press with driftwood accent, full sea grass slate floor, extended aft deck, gps speedometer with compass , kicker speaker upgrade, striker 4 fish finder, sealed lifting strakes, saltwater anodes, heavy duty rub rail, sandstone docking lights, dual battery switch, ski tow bar, seat covers, stainless Stella ladder, shark hide, privacy enclosure with curtain, pota potti. This is my 1st pontoon, had 2 hurricane deck boats before, but love the Benny's I see now out on the bay. Got the SPS so hopefully will ride like the hurricane did. What kind of speed can I expect with this set up? Dealer said 40+ 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the family. Since you're in salt water I would add the stainless led docking lights. You should see 40+.

Do a search on here for "power steering." It's not to late to add it on since you're going to want to add the SS docking lights, too.

See my sig below for my performance numbers.

Thanks for the input guys, never had power steering on my hurricanes hydro wasn't a problem. Do a lot of strait runs down the inter coastal . Also power adds 1400 to the build . Goldnrod your performance looks great hope to copy that

You're boat is set up similar to my 2016 2275GCW. I have a Yamaha 150 with SPS and a 15x15 SS prop.

On a good day with a nice clean bottom, fully trimmed,  I can WOT at 35-36. You should do better since you are a foot shorter and are lighter? 

Since you are in salt (like me), you might want to reconsider on the Sharkhide. The factory is going to apply Sharkhide to the pontoons and the dealer will then strip off 2/3 of it when the dealer preps and bottom paints the pontoons. I don't think bottom paint will adhere to sharkhide.  Save yourself some money and eliminate the Sharkhide or do the little bit yourself.

Below are my performance nums...

RPM

MPH

GPH

MPG

Nov 11, 2016

Bennington 2275GCW - 2016

Yamaha 150 HP

Tritoon, with SPS

Mounting hole position #1

Powertech SS propeller, 15 x 15

400lb on board

Properly trimmed while underway

I'd take out all the stereo stuff and Bennington's electronics. Get yourself a Garmin 741xs.

My stereo stuff is gone. Can't hear it when you're moving and wife complains when we are stopped. Even marine grade radios don't last but one or two years.

Agree on all stainless lighting and power steering

40's shouldn't be a problem.  My specs are in sig. 

Congratulations-Nice-Going-Great-Way-To-Go-Picture.jpg

Looks Like An Awesome Build 

Welcome To The Bennington Family 

chrome_benn_logo.jpg

The Gold Standard of Pontoons :)  

Welcome aboard!! Looks like a nice build. 

Congrats on the new toon. Post pics when she comes in! 

Congrats Jenks! 

The ride in your Benny will blow away the deck boat! It'll go over waves like they're not there! Used to ride in a friends Hurricane in Virginia and we used to get beat up if there were any kind of chop. You'll see.........

My buddy has a sweet glass boat but yeah, it's a bumpy ride compared to the plush tri-toon ride 

Welcome aboard!

Congradulations on your new purchase! You'll love the SPS, smoothest boat I've ever ridden on. :)

Nice Benny! You will be amazed at the ride you will get with the SPS.

welcome to the party⚓

Hello Jenks, it sounds like a nice build you have there. Power steering is nice if you can possibly swing it. Remember to post pics when you take delivery. Welcome aboard...

Thanks to all for the comments and help. Have learned a lot already from this forum, getting anxious now can't wait for delivery. Spring can't come soon enough.

That should be a great boat, congrats!

Congratulations!  Looks like a great boat, and set up for lots of water enjoyment this upcoming summer.  

Sounds like you getting an amazing boat with a pretty stunning color combo.......might be a little bias when it comes to the color selection though.  We get compliments on our boat and color combo all the time.

DSC01047_zpse6149d85.jpg

The sps package rides amazingly well on rough water and like a caddy/lincoln (whichever brand you prefer) on smooth water.

A little video from our last ride of the season here in Ohio.

Back