New Rear Gate

scubadad

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a custom rear gate made for their Bennington?  We would like one that has 2 horizontal rails (plus top and bottom rail)...but without the panels.  I don't want to modify my original because when PADs hits me again I'll want to everything to be original on this boat for resell purposes.  I was thinking of finding a shop that can fabricate and weld aluminum and see if they can match the railing exactly to make a custom gate for us.  We think it would give us more of an open feel in the back.  Just wondering if anyone has ever done this...or if you know where I might be able to purchase an after market gate for a Bennington.  I can't find any such item in the Bennington catalog.

Would a matching gate with out the panel work? I'm sure you could probably buy the right gate from Bennington and just leave the panel out? Just a thought??

Would a matching gate with out the panel work? I'm sure you could probably buy the right gate from Bennington and just leave the panel out? Just a thought??

I could do that but I believe all their gates only have one cross member.  I think that would look awkward.  I might could do that and find a local fab shop that could weld another cross member in though.  Thanks for the idea!

Bear in mind, you no longer would have mooring cover protection unless you modify it and add some cloth where  the door is. Rain and critters could easily enter with the open rails. Look at RCW covers and how they go to bottom rail and extend to transom  from doorway. 

Back